Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Car died on me, Some advice please.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Car died on me, Some advice please.

So I did a dumb move in replacing my battery. I connected the positive to negative and negative to positive, this was connected for about 30 seconds before i realised and switched it around. I then started the car with no problems and left it, this was on Thursday. Friday i started no problems but noticed my radio had no power, i drove to work no problem, Friday evening. Now comes Saturday morning i started the car to head home, on the way i notice the Clock light dimming while driving, then 20 miles in and almost home my car started to sound weird and my ACD lights all lit up, AFR guage started to act wonky but turbo and oil pressure guage is fine.

Then she started to sound like she was losing power and i hurriedly pull over and shut off, then try to turn her back on and nothing, Everyone is telling me this is the alternator but i did notice my Evolution X fusible link had a blown fuse, I am hoping that is the issue and i dont have to buy a brand new Alternator, anyone thinks my Alternator could be ok ?

Here is the burnt out Fuse on Evo X fusible link :

I'm hoping this is the fuse for my Alternator.

Then this is the fuse for the car radio, i have since changed.

Can tell it is burnt out

I have ordered a new Fusible link and will be getting a breaker amp to place after the battery to see if that will protect it another time.

Please tell me i do not need an alternator.