Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Putting oem hid projectors in non sss car

Old Aug 28, 2018, 08:05 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Putting oem hid projectors in non sss car

I bought a pair of oem projectors without bulbs or ballasts, what will I need to make them work in my car that came with halogens stock? My car also does not have drls.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:59 AM
EvoM Moderator

Liked 83 Times in 68 Posts
no evo have drl

you'll need the wiring harness at the very least or different bulbs and aftermarket ballasts that are 9006 plugs and d2s to the bulb (which most are as long as they aren't amp style plugs to the bulb)
Old Oct 11, 2018, 09:08 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
no evo have drl

you'll need the wiring harness at the very least or different bulbs and aftermarket ballasts that are 9006 plugs and d2s to the bulb (which most are as long as they aren't amp style plugs to the bulb)
Good to know as Iím going to be adding HIDís to a halogen car. I need to find a set of projector headlights first.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 08:21 AM
EvoM Moderator

Liked 83 Times in 68 Posts
All evos 8/9 are projectors, however the halogen and HID projects are going to be a touch different. they're much better than just tossing HID's in a reflector bowl setup

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.