Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

ISO info on custom dash setups

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
ISO info on custom dash setups

I am a former Evo 8 owner that will be purchasing an Evo 8/9 or a new WRX in the very near future. The Evo platform is mechanically superior but a 2006 vehicle has none of the creature comfort features you would expect in a 2019 vehicle (ie: backup camera, nav, Apple car play, etc). I am therefore looking for anybody that would have information on completely changing the dash to something that more closely resembles a new WTX STI than the original setup of the Evo 8/9. I realize this will be heresy to some people but I am hoping for some constructive information.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 08:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Have you seen this thread?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...tegration.html
Old Jan 26, 2019, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious

Thank you and yes. Hoping there are more examples/options out there.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just fitted a Alpine ILFx903D Halo9 to my Evo IX GT Wagon. I used a DAB splitter to take the aerial feed from the original roof aerial. splitter is powered, roof aerial had its power removed by a pervious Audio unit installer when they swapped the oem jap headunit for an old UK single din Alpine FM /CD player .
I was hopeing to use the factory fitted rear cam but will replace it with a similar sized alpine reversing cam as the wiring in the dash for the original rear cam is missing (or hidden where I haven't found yet) . It has Carplay , Bluetooth and eventually a reverse cam .
The Halo 9 is a bit pricy but single din so an easy install. I just needed a converter cable for the original Mitsubishi wiring to ISO found on ebay for a few quid.