Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Lancer Evolution 1-9 Forums > Evo Electrical / Audio / Security
Reload this Page >

HVAC lights ash tray lights, dimmer, and cig lighter light not working. HELP

Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Old Feb 5, 2019, 02:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I was in the process of switching out the lights of my hvac, ashtray, cig light as well as my cluster and key ring lights to LEDs. I made sure every single light was working before I put everything back together. Everything was working so I put everything back together dash, center console cluster etc. I tested the lights again with everything put back together and now the hvac lights, cig light, and ash tray light wonít work. Also my lights will not dim anymore..

Now the lights that turn on when you push them on the hvac all work still.

the cig light works still when I plug my radar in.

intercooler sprayer still works.

Stereo still works

Heres what I tried:
fuses 20 and 21 under good
Dimmer fuse
bad grounds

Everythjng checked out and I am completely lost. Anyone know what it could possibly be??
Old Feb 5, 2019, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 154 Likes on 142 Posts
Check to see if the dimmer wheel became unplugged. If it's a loose connection, it's time to bust out the multi-meter and start taking measurements.

Last edited by Pal215; Feb 6, 2019 at 12:02 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215 View Post
Check to see if the dimmer wheel became unplugged. If it's a loose connection, it's time to bust out the multi-meter and start taking measurements.
Everything is still plugged in! Iím so confused cause I know everything is getting power still so I didnít fry a wire. Just everything that is controlled by the dimmer isnít working aside from the dash lights
Old Apr 9, 2019, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had similar problems recently, i swapped the hvac bulbs to leds, but might've shorted the electrical on it (read from old post they tend to go bad easily?) bought another hvac, swapped it, but it turns out that the slot 20 under hood fuse kept blowing out every time i turned on the lights. i tried swapping the 7.5 to a 10amp and now they work. before i swapped it, my right side exterior lights didn't work when i turned them on, only the headlights. after i swapped the slot 20 to a 10amp it all works again, tried swapping slot 21 to a 10 fuse but then the entire left side stopped working. put the original 7.5 and now everything works. hopefully this helps! good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.