EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Electrical / Audio / Security (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security-180/)
-   -   Evo 8 windows, master door lock, wipers, power mirrors do not work (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security/570726-evo-8-windows-master-door-lock-wipers-power-mirrors-do-not-work.html)

chrisff521 Aug 20, 2011 04:38 PM

Evo 8 windows, master door lock, wipers, power mirrors do not work

My windows and most other stuff Interior wise do not work for some reason in the car. Idk what happened happened but they're just not working at all. I checked all fuses and they're all good. The wierd thing is that the passenger lock switch locks and unlocks the door perfectly fine. Any body have an idea where I could start diagnosing this.

Aman Aug 20, 2011 07:15 PM

their is fuse that sends power to all the locks and windows.. its under the hood. in a the fuse box in a yellow fuse holder check that..

chrisff521 Aug 21, 2011 10:21 AM

Yes they are both good so thats Y I dont understand. Im scared its that Etacs unit. How can I diagnose that its bad.

Aman Aug 21, 2011 11:14 AM

try to power the windows and locks manually see if they work. and also see if u have power at the connecter for the switch and motor..

chrisff521 Aug 21, 2011 12:09 PM

What do you mean by powering them manually?

white4g63 Oct 29, 2011 10:18 PM

I know this is a little old, but was this problem ever figured out. My evo has the same issue

white4g63 Nov 2, 2011 08:11 PM

Figured it out. Was the wires where the door opens and closes.

10isace Nov 21, 2011 08:06 PM

I have a similar problem. My driver's side door lock only locks/unlocks manually (key or by hand). The power door switch and remote won't lock/unlock the driver's side only. If I manually lock the driver's side, then all the other doors can lock with the remote or power door lock. I took off the panel and can't figure out what's going on to why it doesn't work. Anyone experiencing this and have a fix?

10isace Nov 25, 2011 08:59 PM

bump

kaotikkk Dec 2, 2011 05:55 PM

had the same problem was the master switch got a used one from ebay problem solved

10isace Dec 3, 2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by kaotikkk (Post 9792177)
had the same problem was the master switch got a used one from ebay problem solved

Is the master switch on the driver's side door panel that is used to lock and unlock the doors and power windows? Mine works fine for everything but the driver's side lock. Was yours the same?

DrDeC Mar 30, 2012 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by 10isace (Post 9765290)
I have a similar problem. My driver's side door lock only locks/unlocks manually (key or by hand). The power door switch and remote won't lock/unlock the driver's side only. If I manually lock the driver's side, then all the other doors can lock with the remote or power door lock. I took off the panel and can't figure out what's going on to why it doesn't work. Anyone experiencing this and have a fix?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I have the EXACT same issue with my 8 and i don't know what to do.

10isace Mar 30, 2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by kaotikkk (Post 9792177)

I bought a couple of these on ebay. It didn't fix the problem. I can hear the driver's side door trying to unlock/lock, but it seems like it doesn't have enough power to get it fully unlock/locked. I can see it move a little when inside the car. So I believe it's an actuator. I took the door panel off and I don't recognize what's going on. When I get some more time I'll figure it out.

mayday320 Jul 7, 2012 10:41 AM

I have the same problem I think you need to replace the the whole power door locking peice because it is all one unit. Mitsu part number is # MN159933

I hope this helps

evolutong Dec 30, 2014 07:23 PM

i know this is very old but where exactly is this wires that's being referred below? :helpme: plz

Originally Posted by white4g63 (Post 9717624)
Figured it out. Was the wires where the door opens and closes.