EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Electrical / Audio / Security (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security-180/)
-   -   Galaxy tablet install evo 7 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security/668878-galaxy-tablet-install-evo-7-a.html)

Tdhodp Aug 31, 2013 10:21 PM

Galaxy tablet install evo 7

1 Attachment(s)
Hiya guys, just thought I'd post a wee pic of my galaxy tab 2install in my evo 7. Pretty straight forward to do as there was already a 7" unit for the mmcs screen there. Secured the tablet with 3M tape, which seems to hold it really well, been in for a month or so and not budged. Wired an additional 12v socket from battery to supply with power and bluetooth audio to the headunit. Only tricky part was access to the lock button somehow but managed to make a button using the barrel of a pen and the spring mechanism, quite pleased with it! Sorry I didn't take photos as I went along but if I need to disassemble at any point, will make sure to take some.

slammedndirty Aug 31, 2013 11:14 PM

Looks good man I like it alot

STILOL Sep 5, 2013 06:10 PM

Great idea! Love the lock button idea{thumbup}

Skylineracer Sep 5, 2013 06:13 PM

thats awesome, tobad we don't get that trim piece here in the usa

unsungboxer Oct 5, 2013 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tdhodp (Post 10942260)
Hiya guys, just thought I'd post a wee pic of my galaxy tab 2install in my evo 7. Pretty straight forward to do as there was already a 7" unit for the mmcs screen there. Secured the tablet with 3M tape, which seems to hold it really well, been in for a month or so and not budged. Wired an additional 12v socket from battery to supply with power and bluetooth audio to the headunit. Only tricky part was access to the lock button somehow but managed to make a button using the barrel of a pen and the spring mechanism, quite pleased with it! Sorry I didn't take photos as I went along but if I need to disassemble at any point, will make sure to take some.

Looks nice. One tip is to use Tasker from android market. You can use it to make the screen come on and off when charging power is detected (aka when ur key is on). I use this and now almost never need to hit the hard power button.

ichiGTA Mar 15, 2014 07:54 AM

this good. i have the same MMCS like yours. thanks u give me some idea for my evo..
can you explain how you do it with your audio player installation?

Tdhodp Mar 28, 2014 12:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately as there isn't a single din adapter for this dash configuration, I had to just cut and modify the dash piece. In the original pictures there's gaps either side of the head unit which looked ok but a bit untidy for my liking. I have since filled the gaps with body filler and blended the dash trim with head unit. I sprayed it black then applied some flocking to it and I'm really pleased with the finish.

dw cuz Apr 17, 2014 11:26 PM

looks great, i wanna do this for the normal dash double din piece but not sure about the lock button lol dont really wanna drill into the dash like that

Hoojan May 7, 2014 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Skylineracer (Post 10948020)
thats awesome, tobad we don't get that trim piece here in the usa

+1
Nicely done.

osetsky May 9, 2014 11:59 AM

I really like that! The Russian market has a LHD version of the nav dash set up I would like to try to find. Anyone read Russian 'round here?

jesus emmanuel Apr 10, 2020 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by unsungboxer (Post 10978852)
Looks nice. One tip is to use Tasker from android market. You can use it to make the screen come on and off when charging power is detected (aka when ur key is on). I use this and now almost never need to hit the hard power button.

hola ya se que esto es viejo pero me gustaria que me ayudaran he estado buscando el Dashboard de un evo 7 pero se me hace complicado ya que soy de puerto rico y es difícil encontrar alguien que me ayude para yo poder comprarlo mis planes es poner doble pantalla podrian ayudar a conseguirlo se los agradecería mucho.

Robin khan May 2, 2020 03:18 AM

i have also..

Originally Posted by Tdhodp (Post 11159435)
Unfortunately as there isn't a single din adapter for this dash configuration, I had to just cut and modify the dash piece. In the original pictures there's gaps either side of the head unit which looked ok but a bit untidy for my liking. I have since filled the gaps with body filler and blended the dash trim with head unit. I sprayed it black then applied some flocking to it and I'm really pleased with the finish.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...1d6ba1f3c.jpeg