Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Galaxy tablet install evo 7

Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galaxy tablet install evo 7

Hiya guys, just thought I'd post a wee pic of my galaxy tab 2install in my evo 7. Pretty straight forward to do as there was already a 7" unit for the mmcs screen there. Secured the tablet with 3M tape, which seems to hold it really well, been in for a month or so and not budged. Wired an additional 12v socket from battery to supply with power and bluetooth audio to the headunit. Only tricky part was access to the lock button somehow but managed to make a button using the barrel of a pen and the spring mechanism, quite pleased with it! Sorry I didn't take photos as I went along but if I need to disassemble at any point, will make sure to take some.
Attached Thumbnails Galaxy tablet install evo 7-image.jpg  
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:14 PM

Looks good man I like it alot
Old Sep 5, 2013, 06:10 PM

Great idea! Love the lock button idea
Old Sep 5, 2013, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
thats awesome, tobad we don't get that trim piece here in the usa
Old Oct 5, 2013, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tdhodp View Post
Hiya guys, just thought I'd post a wee pic of my galaxy tab 2install in my evo 7. Pretty straight forward to do as there was already a 7" unit for the mmcs screen there. Secured the tablet with 3M tape, which seems to hold it really well, been in for a month or so and not budged. Wired an additional 12v socket from battery to supply with power and bluetooth audio to the headunit. Only tricky part was access to the lock button somehow but managed to make a button using the barrel of a pen and the spring mechanism, quite pleased with it! Sorry I didn't take photos as I went along but if I need to disassemble at any point, will make sure to take some.

Looks nice. One tip is to use Tasker from android market. You can use it to make the screen come on and off when charging power is detected (aka when ur key is on). I use this and now almost never need to hit the hard power button.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 07:54 AM

this good. i have the same MMCS like yours. thanks u give me some idea for my evo..
can you explain how you do it with your audio player installation?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:56 AM

Unfortunately as there isn't a single din adapter for this dash configuration, I had to just cut and modify the dash piece. In the original pictures there's gaps either side of the head unit which looked ok but a bit untidy for my liking. I have since filled the gaps with body filler and blended the dash trim with head unit. I sprayed it black then applied some flocking to it and I'm really pleased with the finish.
Attached Thumbnails Galaxy tablet install evo 7-image.jpg  

Last edited by Tdhodp; Mar 28, 2014 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to attach photos
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:26 PM

looks great, i wanna do this for the normal dash double din piece but not sure about the lock button lol dont really wanna drill into the dash like that
Old May 7, 2014, 05:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skylineracer View Post
thats awesome, tobad we don't get that trim piece here in the usa
+1
Nicely done.
Old May 9, 2014, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I really like that! The Russian market has a LHD version of the nav dash set up I would like to try to find. Anyone read Russian 'round here?