Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Blitz Sonic Power Intake

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Blitz Sonic Power Intake!!!!!!!!!

I was looking around for sus intake then i came accross...this...IT LOOKS BADASSS..do any of you have this for EVo VIII? does it perform well? heres a short article about it...

SONIC POWER AIR FILTER

This is the latest design of filter to hit the market and is another ground breaker in terms of concept and design. The filtration element is fixed inside a polished stainless steel heat shield which prevents hot air from the engine bay entering the intake and thus reducing inlet air temperature. Inside the shield sits the cone filter which has a very large base and narrow top giving in an ‘umbrella’ appearance, this clever design allows the maximum possible surface area of the filter element to be exposed to air being sucked into the intake.

The height of the heat shield can also be adjusted up to allow more air to the filter element, and down to reduce air flow. Power gains are very good thanks to the ‘umbrella’ design of the filter element and filtration levels are amongst the best in it’s class. Sonic power makes a very distinctive high pitch whistling noise when the engine is revving hard, this sound can be varied slightly by adjusting the height of the heat shield. This is the top of the range of Blitz Filtration systems offering superior airflow, looks and noise.

Last edited by J8dailo; Oct 13, 2004 at 07:26 PM. Reason: n/a
Old Oct 13, 2004, 08:39 PM

It does look nice...
Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:40 PM

QUOTING "The height of the heat shield can also be adjusted up to allow more air to the filter element, and down to reduce air flow. Power gains are very good thanks to the ‘umbrella’ design of the filter element and filtration levels are amongst the best in it’s class. Sonic power makes a very distinctive high pitch whistling noise when the engine is revving hard, this sound can be varied slightly by adjusting the height of the heat shield. This is the top of the range of Blitz Filtration systems offering superior airflow, looks and noise."

call me nuts, but i don't want any extra noise on my car. It makes enough on its own. Here's a tip though, duct tape a bunch of these on your car, for that cool "whistling effect"

and they're adjustable, too. Made by nerf, you can squish them, angle their attack, change the pitch!

SORRY! just being sarcastic. Its probably a great product. Adjustable air filters are the future. You never know when you might want less airflow.

SORRY AGAIN!
Old Oct 14, 2004, 11:22 PM

bump.

no one finds this funny? i crack myself up!