Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS vs RNR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2004, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually the customer is undergoing a bunch of changes in his ever quest for more power. He plans on running the car at most of the events next year as well. Last time I talked to him he was building his TT Porsche.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:02 AM
Account Disabled

I hope you can understand why some people have doubts. THe car made only 1 run. Never came close to it again. Did not MPH anywhere near what it was suppose to and just plain was not backed up. I mean I know my opinion in this does not matter but that is just how I look at it as somebody with a unbiased opinion.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

I understand. There are no worries at all. We have built plenty of fast cars and do really clean work.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Well maybe that is what he was talking about is that redesigned GT37? At any rate i might be interested in either the GT37 or GT40. Dont know yet depends on how everything turns out.

But to both AMS and RNR you guys are great companies and provide great products. I have a biased opinion about one of you becouse when i was builing the engine i needed the stock valve stem heights and nobody would tell me except for AMS. Infact i had another competitor tell me ya we know but we are not going to tell you if you want it done send us your head. WOW never do business with them agian!

ANYWAY thanx to AMS and TT (even though they are not part of this) for everything you guys are great!!!

Chris
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
By the way I LOVE AMS and i think there turbo kit is awsome but dont put down other companys. I just got done with the engine build and put down 698awhp on a mustang dyno. Fully street legal and fully weighted. Working on getting to the track next season for sure but might be changing the turbo out agian . Damn 700whp goal SUCKS!

Chris

Good GOD!! 698whp and you are still not satisfied, lol.... THAT IS INSANE!!! I am still in the quest for 550whp. Would you mind giving out more specs on your engine? Keep up the good work, you are almost there....
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

he can`t go into 9sec with GT35!
Old Nov 23, 2004, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Marco from Magnus ran 152mph on a GT35R. It can be done.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Did he run on EVO? And if it`s possible,why don`t you make it?
Old Nov 23, 2004, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

2g DSM. I didn't say it was easy.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

AMS 100%, a good buddy of mine got a rnr kit and lets see, oil leaks from the oil return lines, wrong spring in the wastegate(wouldnt boost less than 25psi), gasket blew out of tial waste gate with less than a 1000mls, thermal coating peeling of the manifold and not to mention the kit came with open dump tube(did you bring your ear plugs), lets just say he doesnt have that kit anymore, sorry rnr...
Old Nov 23, 2004, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

An Evo can run 9s on a 35R there are more factors than turbo size. Drag racing isnt the end all of Evo performance guys.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

for ultimate power there's no doubt the AMS is a winner, they ran 10.53@137mph WITH FULL STREET SETUP (AC+everything) and no nitrous
Old Nov 23, 2004, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Statix/Junior, please don't flame us because you aren't happy with your Buschur kit or whatever. That car had so many issues from the factory you can't even try to blame anything on the kit. It blew a stock turbo because there was no vacumm coming from a port in the intake manifold. That car should have been brought to the dealer a long time ago, but it was modified already.

After he received the turbo kit he wanted a internal dump and we did that for him. We also gave him credit for a ball bearing turbo we wanted to change. We also diagsnosed his car for free when there were major problems with the ECU/MAF set up. The car would barely idle and the computer was showing problems far beyond anything doing with a aftermarket turbo.

The kit had absolutely nothing wrong with it except the peeling of the manifold whcih we offer to get coated again. The kits all get the same spring which if set up properly will run 15psi no problem. You are blaming us for problems like blowing out a gasket that can happen to anyone on anything. All the kits come with the external dump unless requested otherwise. Please don't blame things on us when that car had problems from the beginning before it was even modified.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

No one is trying to flame you Ryan, Im honestly trying to help this dude out by not sending him your way. Also what does my Bucshur kit have to do with your kit that I mentioned above, your talking about to different cars as if you didnt know. Me and you know what Im talking about so sugar coat it all you want, it was the truth. But Hey, Good luck man..
Old Nov 23, 2004, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Junior, you know exactly what I am talking about. We bend over backwards for a customer and this is what we get. We did everything in the world for that car we still get screwed. I guess it's just life in this business sometimes.

Quick Reply: AMS vs RNR