Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hi Flow Cat ???

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Flow Cat ???

Hey Forum I talked to one of my exhaust guys.....and he told me that the Ultimate Racing Hi Flow Cat was worthless for the money I spent....He said that the difference would not be worth the money.....Need your input!!!!
Old May 22, 2005, 03:35 PM

i wouldnt say worthless, if you're rating it hp/dollar it might look that way, but when i was getting my exhaust i wanted the least amount of restiction through the exhaust without going catless, so i felt it was worth it, im already paying out my *** for an exhaust so i would rather do it right, but everyone has their opinions, if you're happy with it then dont worry about what anyone else thinks
Old May 22, 2005, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

i think all those highflow cats are a waste of $. in my opinion you should just get a testpipe and mod the o2 sensor.
Old May 22, 2005, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

its not worthless because at the least you're exhaust is a full 3" with the hi-flow cat
Old May 22, 2005, 03:51 PM

i am obsessed with efficiency, so to get a 3" exhaust with stock cat sounded pretty stupid, but i really didnt want a test pipe, and getting a y pipe with an aftermarket exhaust would have been a waste of money, hi flow cat= in my book. dont dwell on it, just start saving for your next mod