Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

buschur intake require tune?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buschur intake require tune?

No flaming please this is a legit question and I have read all the debates about intakes and bla bla bla.... Mods are in my sig, Im obviously tuned for that. If I went to a buschur Intake would it be necessary for me to get a retune? I've heard some intakes can decrease your performance without a tune, and some you just won't get the full potential without a tune... But I've also read/heard that buschurs doesn't REQUIRE a tune... Especially since I'm already flashed... Help me out here please because I want to know b4 I buy.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nauticabri
No flaming please this is a legit question and I have read all the debates about intakes and bla bla bla.... Mods are in my sig, Im obviously tuned for that. If I went to a buschur Intake would it be necessary for me to get a retune? I've heard some intakes can decrease your performance without a tune, and some you just won't get the full potential without a tune... But I've also read/heard that buschurs doesn't REQUIRE a tune... Especially since I'm already flashed... Help me out here please because I want to know b4 I buy.
Yes you would. It might not run bad with the new intake but you would probably be able to get more out of it with a tune. Oh yea......I dont see a fuel pump in your mods, if you dont have one I would add that

Last edited by BuLocal; Oct 11, 2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nauticabri
I actually just had an email yesterday about this. If you are running a flash by Al he normally leaves it kind of rich. If you are running it now with the stock intake setup with just K&N drop-in you should be fine to just switch the intake out. In short... To maximize it a re-tune would be best but its not necessary.

On a stock car you would not need a tune if you added the intake. There are a good amount of people out there running just our TBE and intake and are problem free. The cars even run on the rich side from the factory. Anything more than those 2 things I would definately recommend getting a tune. Actually even a flash on a stock car is still good for about 30whp. $375 for 30whp... very good bang for your buck.

Take care
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone replied while I was typing. lol
Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

If you just add an open element filter you will be fine. If you change the MAF pipe, then you will end up throwing off the tune. To what degree I couldnt tell you.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:14 PM

i drove for a month with my AEM short ram on before getting the car tuned, there was no problem. it is fun to hear the suction though!
Old Oct 11, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Everything in my mod list has be flashed for by Al except the Nisei LICP (which really doesn't require a tune) So basically by all the replies here its seeming like the concensus is I would run fine and wouldn't require a tune, but to get the MOST out of the intake Id need the flash... So basically I'll be gaining a hp or 2 and some nice sound without the flash, with the flash I'd pickup 7-8... Thanks for the replies guys.