Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Over-rev problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over-rev problem

this happens when the car is cold warm or hot,

it happens in pretty much all the gears but for this example lets say your in fifth, and rolling along at 65mph, you put your foot to the floor, the engine will pick up and rev about 300rpms as normal, then jump about 500-700rpms higher a lot faster, almost simultaniously itll fall back down that 500-700 it just jumped and then take off, so basically it feels, sounds, acts, like the clutch is slipping almost ? though it sticks well in 1st gear, and it only does this when you werent WOT from the last gear, aka, if u had accel'd hard thru 1st shifted into second, there is no over-rev, the car is new to me, it has mods done and it puts down around 325whp,

im just looking for a few "it could be" suggestions, clutch is what came to mind, but i am very new to turbos and foreign cars, so any help is greatly appreciated,
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch time. Generally they slip around peak torque only at first and that's exactly what you're describing. If you go through one gear and then catch the next gear you're past peak torque, but if you're cruising and go WOT you get a large torque spike when the turbo hits and the clutch slips for a second and then grabs again. From there it only gets worse though. Soon enough it won't hold WOT regardless of RPM unless you stop driving it hard, but where's the fun in that?

We have plenty of clutches in stock. Send me a quick PM/e-mail or call us during the week and I can go through all your options with you.

-Mike

Last edited by Inn-Tune; Jan 20, 2007 at 10:12 AM.