Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help! blew a fuse

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2003, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Help! blew a fuse

My new HU is installed, looks great! so is my wiring for the radar detector (up in the windshield near the rear view mirror).Anyway, everything is looking very cool, but I have a minoe problem. At the last minute, late in the night, a bare wire shortcircuited and the fuse for Accessories/radio burned up Anyway, looking in the fuse box, (under the hood) the fuses that are shown to be for the radio/accessories, are surrounded by a high sided yellow plastic box. This would indicate that they are really part of the air bag circuits.... We don't want to pull those off unless absolutely necessary.... Does anybody know about those fuses? or better yet, which one is the accessories fuse..

I'd appreciate any help from the knowledgeable members of these forums...

Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Found it

For search purposes: Troubleshooting radio fuses, accessories fuse, hard wiring Passport 8500 radar detector.

OK, here it is for anybody who might have problems in the future.
The fuse that blew is fuse number 22, a 10 amp fuse in the relay box under the hood by the battery. It's one of the fuses surrounded by the yellow, high side box. It's not apparent how to remove the box or how to access the fuses. The box will pull prt of the way up and disconnects the fuses, but will not easily come all the way out Anyway, with some needle nose plyers, we moved the plastic retainers aside and removed the fuse with the fuse puller. Sure enough, it was blown and we replaced it. Voila!! the HU works and it's great! the Alpine CDA 9813 rocks We are making a carbon fiber insert panel to mount the (2) 52mm gauges I got. I'll post pictures as soon a we get it made. The sub woofer will prolly get installed tonight