Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Misfire and boost problem

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misfire and boost problem

Alright... Just moved out to Reno, NV from GA. Obviously here they have 91 and in GA they have 93, so i got a 91 oct tune from Dyno4mance in GA. The car was running completely fine in GA with the tune and here in Reno it was running good on the remainder of the 93 that was in the tank. When i put my 1st full tank of 91 in i had maybe 2 or 3 gallons of 93 in the tank. I finally had a chance to open it up today as i somewhat know the area and it was only hitting 15 pounds of boost! I opened the hood and checked all the vacuum hoses and turned up the boost a little bit to see if that was the problem due to the heat and its still running low boost, but staying at 15 to 17 psi. Only now its misfiring like crazy under load, but fine at idle. Also i did some logs and was getting as much as 35 counts of knock at 5000 RPM's and WOT. Also at idle its staying at 15 in. Hg. I just got the number of a local shop and i am calling them tomorrow to run a boost leak test also i contacted Dyno4mance and im hoping to hear back from Andrew tomorrow. Just wanted to see if anyone can shead some light on the sistuation. Thanks for the help guys!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone?