Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HELP fuel injectors not sealing at fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HELP fuel injectors not sealing at fuel rail

Alright i guess it serves me right for buying a rail off ebay but anyway i already had the HKS injectors and i bought the new rail and a aeromotive fpr. I redid all the fuel lines with s.s. and all the connectors. I have all of it hooked up but when i go to start the car i get gas just pissing out of my injectors where they go into the fuel rail. So when i put it all together for the first time seeing i had bought it off ebay i didnt know that HKS uses there own orings for all their rails. So i had order stock ones from the dealership in the meantime i went to auto zone and bought ones for a gsx and tried them and it leaked. So when i got the stock ones in and tried them they leaked. So i went online to HKS found out about their o rings ordered them at 10$ a pop. Got them in today 10/10 and still they leaked. I went online to vivid racing to their live tech help and made sure i did it right. I tried it every way whether it was right or wrong. Of the two ways they still leaked. i bought the adapters from slowboy racing they should be in friday so it should run atleast until i figure out what to do about the rail. If anyone has any idea on anything i just plan on buying another rail this time from a website and trying that. sum1 told me they had the same problem and they said to put two orings on top. My main question is do they go on the very top metal part of the injector so that they slide in. OR do they go just below that metal on the plastic so that they seal at the bottom of the rail where it goes into the rail ?
Old Oct 11, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
isn't there a groove where the o ring should go on?
Old Oct 11, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What turbo are you runnig? Any thing smaler than a 35r just use the stock rail.. Make sure you lube the o-rings with grease or thier gona leak..
Old Oct 11, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

2 threads?
Old Oct 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...69#post4840469

Read post #9 for the solution to this issue.