Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

leaking gas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leaking gas

Not sure if this goes here but please move it if it dosnt.

I have a serious problem with my IX ever since I bought it 8 months ago. I didnt notice this till I got home the next morning but if I fill the gas tank all the way up till like when the gas machine stops the pump by its self, my evo slowly leaks gas over night. Im not talking like over filling just normal like setting the gas handle to auto fill thing and the damm car will leave small puddles of gas till I drive it some and i guess the gas level lowers a bit. The closest dealer is 1 1/2 hours away and I took it in once and they said I probably over filled it and it should be fine. Im no expert buy I have never had a car that leaks gas no matter how much its over filled. I have ever since lived with this so i just don't fill it up all the way.

So is it just my damm luck with this car or what? All I have done to the car is a TBE and the Cobb AP so I could put it back to stock and have them look at it more.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where is the gas coming from the front or the back? and is it leaking from the bottom?
Does it ever leak when you don't fill the car all the way until it clicks?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh forgot to mention the important stuff. Gas appears to be coming somewhere underneath the fill tube by the driver rear wheel underneath there. I will always leak when its close to full. Some times I try to guess when the tank is almost full and even if the machine dosnt click and I stop it might be to much. so i usually just have about 3/4 gas tank with me.