Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RRE Clutch and Flywheel + warranty?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRE Clutch and Flywheel + warranty?

My '05 Evo is stock and has about 20,000 miles on it. Despite how much I've been gentle on it (my only sport in it is autocross), the stupid clutch is about to die. I don't think it's how I drive, either, since I've had other manual cars before and never had a clutch wear out early. Of course the dealership isn't going to cover it under warranty...

Has anyone used the Road Race Engineering No-name clutch ( http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/nonameclutch.htm ) and flywheel and had the dealership not notice/care when trying to get something (like a trans ) fixed under warranty? As it is I guess I'm already at risk of losing my warranty with autocross, but considering how light I go on my Evo, I don't see how I'm putting any stress on the drivetrain. I don't want the stock clutch again because it seems like it'll just wear out in another 20,000 miles
Old May 31, 2008, 03:36 AM

someone i know runs that clutch. he says it's really comparable to the ACT clutch as far as pedal pressure's concerned.

he's been driving on it for about 4 months of daily driving and a handful of launches with no problems.
Old May 31, 2008, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

I had one for about a year and a half. Its basically just like the ACT. Its lasted a lil longer then the factory clutch did. It didnt lock me out it till it was about shot then I had a small lock out issues. I have a twin in the car now and will never go back even tho its noisey with the clutch pushed in.