Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Cosworth M2 Review.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 03:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosworth M2 Review.

Hey guys, Another Cosworth M2 success. These cams never cease to amaze me. Just finished an install for URslo4N8 (Tony) along with some head studs and rod bolts. Besides the fact that this is a super clean car, the car fired right up and the cams loped right out of the box. These cams will either sound stock or have lope. This time they loped real nice with some minor adjustments. I think Tony will be very pleased when his car gets tuned tomorrow. Now as far as power goes, we will find that out tomorrow and Tony can have the option of posting his numbers but i am sure the cams and new tune will put some power on the table from his old base tune which i am also pretty sure was an email flash.

I am sure he will chime in since he is not supposed to get the car till Thursday or Friday but i found the time to hook him up
Old Jul 15, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HA! You sure did hook me up Pete! I cant wait to hear those cams. Im even more interested to see the results in power gains. Save me a dyno spot! You guys came thru again and i appreciate it. Hopefully il see you tommorow. And to anyone else checking out this thread as soon as i pick up my ride il post some sound clips up on the board. Thanks again to DG Motors
Old Jul 18, 2008, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Ok got the car, havent had a spare second yet to get a sound clip posted BUT: WOW. What a difference the cams make. So much more midrange and top end power now its just what the car had been missing.That in addition to the intercooler and DG Motors doing the tune gave me an additional 39 horsepower and just as importantly, smoothed out the power/torque curve. And that was in 93degree weather, hard to believe the additional power i should pick up when the air is more dense and cooler. The car pulls so much smoother and more powerful all the way to 8,000rpms now, its just such a difference and completely worth doing.
As far as the idle....HOLY CHRIST. The thing freakin lumps like a race car and Pete from DG Motors wasnt exagerating when he tried to explain how awesome it sounds over the phone. Hopefully by today i can edit this post throw in a sound clip, and you can see for yourself. As he had explained to me sometimes after the install it may sound closer to stock or like mine. Guess for once i got lucky .
Pete and staff did some adjusting to the idle and fuel enrichment and theres just NO MISTAKING from the sound of it that this car got cammed now. No surging issues, no stalling, just tons more power and a great install from a great group of guys and a HUGE thumbs up to DG Motors and the staff there for doing the install, tune, tweaking and dyno runs. Thanks guys!

Last edited by urslo4n8; Jul 18, 2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 04:15 AM
Evolving Member

The M2's sound amazing! I should be getting mine installed and tuned this weekend.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Dyno Run before and after cams(+IC too & tune)

This was the first dyno, done in cooler weather with a mail in flash:

And this was the second dyno, done in hotter more humid weather, after the Cosworth M2 cams, and ETS IC, and a custom tune by DG Motors:
Notice how the torque and HP ratings match up nice and the smoother curve of power NICE

Last edited by urslo4n8; Jul 18, 2008 at 04:40 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for a fellow M2 owner and for a bunch of great guys at DG.

We had a blast at HIN!!!

When's the next meet?
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks again Tony! We are trying to setup another meet soon. I will give the word when we schedule a date.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Can you explain why some of the cams sound stock and the others sound lumpy? Surely, their QC can't be that bad as to have such sloppy tolerances.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PwrEvo
The M2's sound amazing! I should be getting mine installed and tuned this weekend.
They DO sound amazing! I find myself standing behind the car listening to it idle more than i drive it
Old Jul 19, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mhgsx
Can you explain why some of the cams sound stock and the others sound lumpy? Surely, their QC can't be that bad as to have such sloppy tolerances.
Im pretty sure thats not the case or theyd be a PITA to tune...youd have to get that question answered from a tuner...or someone like these guys who installs them often.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mhgsx
Alot has to do with the tuner's ability and customer's wishes.

Personally, i like the lump. I walk away from the car while it's still in the parking lot and 'enjoy the music'.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, have you ever had the car custom dyno tuned before the cams? I got 1 hp from these cams. If i had to do it again id leave the stock turbo with the stock cams.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

Yes i did. I gained 30 HP from the cams AND intercooler with the custom tune...theres no way those cams shouldnt give u more midrange and top end power and make the most out of that stock turbo in the high rev range.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YzBrad99
Damn, have you ever had the car custom dyno tuned before the cams? I got 1 hp from these cams. If i had to do it again id leave the stock turbo with the stock cams.
Im assuming that dyno with your numbers was a Mustang Dyno or Dyno Dynamics dyno?
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YzBrad99
Have your car rechecked/retuned again. You should see a big difference in power with your cams.

Quick Reply: Cosworth M2 Review.