Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race TS 3076 results

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you have the original scans, just save them as .jpg files. That will enable you to attach them here with much better resolution. Bitmaps are too large of a file size to attach to this forum, with it's 100kb limit.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The torque is exceptional, congrats on the build.

I recently did some tuning on a TS kit too on a 2.3. The spool up torque on that was also very good but the top end I feel really suffers with the header design on many of the TS kits.

Your car is going to be a blast, enjoy it!!
Thanks Dave, there are some Buschur parts on there too.
It looks like getting one of the elusive T3 1.06 housings helps maintain some torque that I've seen 2.4's lose up top even with open scroll kits. Different cams would probably help a bit too but we'll see how I handle this power level first.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It's a 4g64, so I assume it's a 2.4l.

That is a superb combination of parts. I look forward to seeing the graph so that I can see the spoolup. I admit I was expecting higher numbers, though. This is a little higher than a Green and much lower than a Red.
+1
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BillAce
,,,, but he could have been blowing smoke up my a$$...
+2
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The torque is exceptional, congrats on the build.

I recently did some tuning on a TS kit too on a 2.3. The spool up torque on that was also very good but the top end I feel really suffers with the header design on many of the TS kits.

Your car is going to be a blast, enjoy it!!

Was this with a small A/R or bigger A/R on the exhaust side?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It was a large1.06 housing. It say that in two different posts.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a 2.4, the parts were selected to give a broad power band and work well in my RS. Sean could probably squeeze out some more power if I wanted but its already more than the 450 I expected with a reliable tune and hopefully not needing any drivetrain upgrades. I'll run race gas when I get a chance to hit a roadcourse for added safety but I just want a car that I can get in and drive.
Well, I'm not talking about tuning it to the ragged edge. I just am used to seeing stock motor'd 50-trims make around this much on meth at that boost level. Was it the 2.4 that made you expect lower power due to thinking it wouldn't peak as high? That's a very expensive build for sub-500, which is why I'm asking.

However, you definitely have a broad powerband (not sure on spoolup until you post visible graphs) and look to have a big-power setup that will be fun as a DD and racer (kinda rare for upgraded turbos).

Unless you don't race, I don't think you're going to be devoid of needing drivetrain upgrades. I've been through a handful of clutches and drivetrain parts already and still have no more than 370whp or so, haha. If you just DD it, then you should have 0 worries, but any racing could induce issues, especially with all the torque (flywheel torque does the damage).

PS. Rich, check post #5.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Car spools fast as hell, is not maxed out, you should feel how fast it responds, I HAVE NEVER felt an evo like that. It is nuts how it feels.
It made 520+ ft lbs on the dyno on one pull in 4th.

It isn't the most powerfull of all time but it is right up there for the most fun of all time, and will be quite a bit of fun on the roadcourse.

It still has more in it, there may be a few changes being made by the owner.

Pump/meth roadracing tune. Put c16, lean on the tuneup, and you are going to see alot more than that.

Sean
Old Jul 23, 2008, 03:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well, I'm not talking about tuning it to the ragged edge. I just am used to seeing stock motor'd 50-trims make around this much on meth at that boost level. Was it the 2.4 that made you expect lower power due to thinking it wouldn't peak as high? That's a very expensive build for sub-500, which is why I'm asking.

However, you definitely have a broad powerband (not sure on spoolup until you post visible graphs) and look to have a big-power setup that will be fun as a DD and racer (kinda rare for upgraded turbos).

Unless you don't race, I don't think you're going to be devoid of needing drivetrain upgrades. I've been through a handful of clutches and drivetrain parts already and still have no more than 370whp or so, haha. If you just DD it, then you should have 0 worries, but any racing could induce issues, especially with all the torque (flywheel torque does the damage).

PS. Rich, check post #5.
The 2.4 was the cheaper way to go and the safe rev range looked best for a GT30 and the RS 5 speed. I had no interest in big peak power number that had a curve that resembled a portion of a daily stock ticker graph. The intent was to make a reliable 400hp for as big of an RPM range as possible.
It has an Exedy twin HD now, I don;t want to push the limits of the rest of the driveline parts and smooth power should reduce the shock along with proper driving technique of course. Pushing 50 more HP won't make lap times faster, practice, suspension setup and tires is better than a little more power in my opinion.

The car will only be fun if i can drive it whenever I want. Hopefully its put together well enough to to do that. I'm used to 2 wheel racing and will need to adjust to cars quite a bit. Now that I have 3 kids (infant twins) I want to still have fun and greatly reduce the risk of a highside. The important word in the whole process is "fun" not records, peak power, or bench racing. If I want to go really fast I have a machine with about a HP per every 2 lbs. The wind noise is a little excessive and the uniform isn't really comfortable though for daily use.

Last edited by BillAce; Jul 23, 2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by jid2@[BINARY]
It was a large1.06 housing. It say that in two different posts.
I was asking Buschur if the TS Kit he tuned was a big or small A/R exhaust housing.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

BillAce, who did the motor work on your 4g64?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

very nice street set up. gotta love that torque.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 06:06 AM

The 2.4 was the cheaper way to go and the safe rev range looked best for a GT30 and the RS 5 speed. I had no interest in big peak power number that had a curve that resembled a portion of a daily stock ticker graph. The intent was to make a reliable 400hp for as big of an RPM range as possible.
It has an Exedy twin HD now, I don;t want to push the limits of the rest of the driveline parts and smooth power should reduce the shock along with proper driving technique of course. Pushing 50 more HP won't make lap times faster, practice, suspension setup and tires is better than a little more power in my opinion.

The car will only be fun if i can drive it whenever I want. Hopefully its put together well enough to to do that. I'm used to 2 wheel racing and will need to adjust to cars quite a bit. Now that I have 3 kids (infant twins) I want to still have fun and greatly reduce the risk of a highside. The important word in the whole process is "fun" not records, peak power, or bench racing. If I want to go really fast I have a machine with about a HP per every 2 lbs. The wind noise is a little excessive and the uniform isn't really comfortable though for daily use.
Your reasoning for why you went this route is like a breath of fresh air. Good luck with your car and be carefull. I have young ones too, there presence definitely changes the game plan.. ha ha.

Tom
Old Jul 23, 2008, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

I can understand where you are coming from as a father of 2.

Please re-post the meth graphs so we can all view the curves clearly.

Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EJ207RA
Your reasoning for why you went this route is like a breath of fresh air. Good luck with your car and be carefull. I have young ones too, there presence definitely changes the game plan.. ha ha.

Tom
I'm careful on 2 wheels too and won't give it up completely. Thunderbolt is calling me and I just need to figure out which toy goes first. I'm leaning towards the big bike, it looks like it flows realy well in the vids I've seen. My 6 year old loves to go to the track but seems to prefer drag racing. Hopefully I can break her of that!

Quick Reply: Full Race TS 3076 results