Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Rubbing Noise When Taking Off

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by worksevo89
THANKS ILL CHECK THAT.

YA, IM WORKING ON THE TIRE SITUATION. THE GUY I BOUGHT MY CAR FROM WAS KIND OF "GETTO" DONT KNOW HOW HE GOT AN EVO. HE THOUGHT IT WAS A FWD, THAT'S PROBABLY WHY THE TIRES WERE LIKE THAT. ITS TAKING A LOT OF WORK (AND MONEY) CLEANING IT UP THOUGH. BUT IT THE BEST CAR I'VE EVER DRIVEN!!!
CAPS are the same as screaming at someone...fyi
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:17 PM

sorry the program i use at work requires all caps so i forget its on.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 03:11 PM
EMC

I've actually had this problem recently it turned out to be my dowpipe rubbing on the oil pan. In my case the brace on my muffler was set weird which caused my exhaust to be at an angle. I would check that out.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TxEvo8
On our AWD cars, we must have the same size/model/tread depth on all four tires or it will make the differentials wear out prematurely. Sounds like that is your problem...

Can anyone else validate this? Not calling you a liar TX but I try not to believe everything I see on here.

Only reason I ask is because I bought my car from Carmax and it had different tires (tread and brand) on the front and rear of the car. I was planning on changing them anyways eventually since I know different brands will mess with the handling characteristics and because the rears are Rikens which are crappy.

But if its actually harmful to my car Ill have Carmax change them out. Although Ill probably get 4 Rikens.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Can anyone else validate this? Not calling you a liar TX but I try not to believe everything I see on here.

Only reason I ask is because I bought my car from Carmax and it had different tires (tread and brand) on the front and rear of the car. I was planning on changing them anyways eventually since I know different brands will mess with the handling characteristics and because the rears are Rikens which are crappy.

But if its actually harmful to my car Ill have Carmax change them out. Although Ill probably get 4 Rikens.

itll def wear over time. I dunno if you have to be AS concerned about diff brands as much as using a staggered set up. If you think about it, its awd, diff size tires are going to be spinning at a different rate i guess you would say. Im not an expert, but i know on an awd car you want the same size all the way around.