Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

junk buschur mini battery where can i buy another?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Regular battery in trunk, call it a day.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never had any issues with mine.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:13 PM

My 1st one went bad. I called Buschur and they sent me a replacement. What's so difficult about that?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well as most companies do, BR has their sticker on the battery but obviosuly dont manufacture the battery.. No reason to slam BR for the battery failing..
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
For a replacement, I would recommend a dyna-batt. Everybody says they are the same as the Oddessy, but I just don't believe it. I've had really good luck with my last dyna-batt. I ran it for like 5 years. Ran it dead and recharged with a normal charger probably 30+ times. Never had an issue with starting in -10 degree 12" snow days or 120 degree Vegas trips.

I'm surprised no companies are making a battery mount for the Miata battery. OEM quality, 475 CCA, light weight, fully sealed and smaller then stock.

I made a battery mount for a Miata battery with the battery rotated into the same orientation as the small battery kits. It only sits out probably 1.5" more than the small battery kits. I have enough room to fit a full 3" IC pipe on 4" bend radius with 1" straight before the throttle body for the coupler. I'll see if I can snap a picture tomorrow.

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Sep 12, 2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spell-check owns me
Old Sep 12, 2008, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
200 dollars for just the battery?

You can buy the 680 from batterymart.com for like 85...
Old Sep 12, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Battery isnt $200, I bought mine on Ebay for $90 new, same battery

Ive had mine for 2 years, daily driven even in 30 deg. weather, no problems. I stopped Daily Driving it, forgot and left the battery hooked up for a month, was dead.

I work at toyota and we have a Hybrid battery charger, let it charge for about a day or two, works like new again
Old Sep 12, 2008, 05:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
odessey is now the same as genesis....

you can use either, or braille... these batteries are designed for different chargers...

if its bad, and within a close time frame to when you bought it, ask for a replacement.

cb
Old Sep 12, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Ive had mine for 2 1/2 years now and it does die every winter do to the fact the car doesnt get driven from the first snow fall of salting of the read til April. Ive always just given it a quick charge the first time in the spring then it good all spring summer and fall.

I guess Ill see if mine lives thru winter number 3 or not.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

jus have someone rejuice that one...
Old Sep 12, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

battery is bad i'm a Caterpillar mechanic so i know how to test and all that good stuff and sheides, your ignorant as **** obviously. of course i call on how to change my oil you ****ing idiot. i've only called a few times and it was about orders or a part. and this being my first car i'm learning and the buschur sticker is over the odyssey sticker so no i didn't know it was an odyssey. i figured like many companies they outsource the battery and put their sticker on it. NOT buy from another company and put their sticker OVER the companies who makes it, Which they shouldn't be doing if they dont have permission which from what i was told by odyssy they don't and it shouldnt be done.
odyssey also said to contact buschur and said the battery has a 2 year warranty not a 1 just so you others know. buschur said it had a one year so im just going to swap it from someone local or buy a new 680 local thanks guys for the input
ill keep battery mart in mind too
and i shouldnt blame buschur no, but their sticker is on it and i didnt know there was another under it but, they should also take care of the issue since i baught it from them. and they said its 2 months out of warranty and didnt even offer to try and hit up odyssey and check if 2 months out is ok. (thats if it was a 1year which again is a 2 year)
Old Sep 12, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Reading your post is like reading my 9 year old brothers school papers. All you have to do is recharge the battery. Ive tried my best not to say this but.... Your an idiot
Old Sep 12, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah my Buschur/Odyssey mini battery(states it on Buschur's site) was going strong after 30k miles(2+years, cold IL winters etc..) It is a dry cell battery just like Optima's.. I used to have an optima and let it sit for a month.. It didn't work, completely dead... Not exactly you have to trickle charge, them for a day or two. Then they are just like new..
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

evo crazy obviously you have no clue what your talking about and thats funny you think i'm an idiot because apparently you think you can recharge a battery forever. you have no clue how a battery works so you might as well leave this topic and leave evom for being another ****ing dick wad *****. the battery tested as bad yes i tried recharging it and i tried trickling it as well. i also called odyssey and they said just do a 10 amp charge and if it doesn't take a charge it's junk. i know its junk thats not what i was asking though
just wanted to know where i can get a battery for a decent price and anything comparable so all you who posted thinking your tuff **** and are a know everything ***** **** you because you don't
and thanks to the people who are actually being informative and trying to help out there needs to be more people like that
instead of ****** pushing people away from the car scene because you think you know 1 ****ing thing
Old Sep 15, 2008, 03:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IAmADirtDude
evo crazy obviously you have no clue what your talking about and thats funny you think i'm an idiot because apparently you think you can recharge a battery forever. you have no clue how a battery works so you might as well leave this topic and leave evom for being another ****ing dick wad *****. the battery tested as bad yes i tried recharging it and i tried trickling it as well. i also called odyssey and they said just do a 10 amp charge and if it doesn't take a charge it's junk. i know its junk thats not what i was asking though
just wanted to know where i can get a battery for a decent price and anything comparable so all you who posted thinking your tuff **** and are a know everything ***** **** you because you don't
and thanks to the people who are actually being informative and trying to help out there needs to be more people like that
instead of ****** pushing people away from the car scene because you think you know 1 ****ing thing
I dont know nothing about it? Listen to you, your the joke dude, because I DID CHARGE MY BATTEY A YEAR AGO! And guess what? Its still fine, obviously you have a hard time reading, I told you to use a Hybrid battery charger, they charge 10xs slower than a regular one. No wonder Buschur ignores you. I tired to give you information in my first post but I guess it flew over your air head. And you want to know where to buy a new one for cheaper? I TOLD YOU IN MY FIRST POST, I posted everything you needed in it, what do you not get?

Last edited by Ev0cRaZy; Sep 15, 2008 at 03:45 AM.

Quick Reply: junk buschur mini battery where can i buy another?