Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

9sec9/OKIX, BUSCHUR RACING, ROUND 3..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IHUNTV8
Should go faster than 9.5's, I think anyways
You think??
Old Oct 11, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Cant wait to see this beast monday! Great work as always guys!

Trent, Good Luck buddy! You might want to bring the full fire suit for this one! lol
Old Oct 11, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's another teaser pic. Notice the airbox is gone. Actually, everything installed exactly as it did with the FP-RED, it's just that the opening in the back of the box for the inlet pipe was only made for up to a 3.5" pipe. Since this test model is 4", David fabbed up the intake and airhorn. He also quicly made the LICP solution. It looks like a kit instead of a test unit. The airbox will probably be reused in the future however.

Old Oct 11, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on breaking the record! Your car looked sweet last night, But ran even better. It was incredible to see it run. I hope to get out to see many more events in the near future. Nice meeting you. ron g.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Another outstanding day, another day of team work.

Guys you need to understand that this car is simply freaking rediculous. The power is like no other car I have had on the dyno, including my own.

My car has made a best of 684 whp/553 ft lbs in 3rd gear. I easily reached 703 whp on Tom's car today with a few more pounds of boost than I am running on my own car. Tom has spent a great deal of time/effort maximizing the top end power on his car and it showed up very quickly today on the dyno. The comparison he posted of the Red dyno numbers VS. the car now is more amazing when you take into account the Red was in 4th gear and the car now was only dyno'd in 3rd. Both at about the same boost level now that I think about it, 41 psi.

I had my car on the dyno today also but have seemed to misplaced some power and it is pissing me off. I finally gave up, washed it and loaded it up in the trailer for Monday morning.

With the weight difference and power Tom's car is making Trent is going to have his hands full driving it, I expect to see a bunch of people getting bumped on the top 20 list, including myself, come Monday morning.

Great job wrenching on your car today Tom, glad I could be apart of it all, once again.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Looks to me like you are gonna be an Amigo now Thomas Make that 4 Amigo's everybody. But if you "somehow someway" go faster than Dave you cant be in our Elite group.... what a minute here you have 1 of those tin can RS, so you cant be in it anyway
Old Oct 11, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
Looks to me like you are gonna be an Amigo now Thomas Make that 4 Amigo's everybody. But if you "somehow someway" go faster than Dave you cant be in our Elite group.... what a minute here you have 1 of those tin can RS, so you cant be in it anyway
Old Oct 11, 2008, 06:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Well I guess it's as good a time as any to build the new carbon air box damn I thought with this one we would get through the season ...well I guessed ... right ... lucky for me I worry about everything and have one designed and ready to go . One new carbon v2 air box coming up ! Damn again I just remembered I put away all my metal forming stuff today... oh well Tom I'll start on it in the morning along with the cam sensor heat shield.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Oct 11, 2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:00 PM
Former Sponsor

David, I'll bet Trent can get about 8 spots in the first three passes, and a couple more after that.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Thanks goes to Ron Shearer of Shearer Fabrications for stepping up and sponsoring us with one of his incredibly beautiful exhaust headers. I told Ron that I was willing to buy the manifold but he was very kind in sponsoring the manifold and as you'll see, the results are ...well....out of the stratosphere.
I love helping people whom I feel will go to no end to achieve their goal(s), the pleasure is all mine Tom. Besides I don't want you to drain the retirement fund, you're going to need it sooner than I'll need mine.

That is some serous power, I'm looking forward to Monday.

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Guys you need to understand that this car is simply freaking rediculous. The power is like no other car I have had on the dyno, including my own.
It's probably just me, but I love hearing that.

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I had my car on the dyno today also but have seemed to misplaced some power and it is pissing me off. I finally gave up, washed it and loaded it up in the trailer for Monday morning.
It's pissing me off too, you put me into a dreary mood yesterday after I talked to you on the phone. I'm going through Mountain Dew and Red Bull like crazy this weekend. Got to get the new mods on my hoopty done and am coming up with a new piece to fix some of the concerns I told you about.

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Damn again I just remembered I put away all my metal forming stuff today... oh well Tom I'll start on it in the morning along with the cam sensor heat shield.
Donate all the forming equipment to the Shearer Fab inventory and I'll take care of all the new stuff for ya Jim.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:17 PM
Former Sponsor

^ It's too far to drive if I need any of it . Hell I'm lucky if I drive 20 miles a week .
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

that is friggin rediculous Tom haha 700awhp on the BR dyno are you kidding me?!

David that turbo has my attention...you know I've been wanting a 700+awhp turbo for awhile now holla!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

I know this is off topic but I'm curious, is David endorsing the FP cams for the IX's like he does the BF cams for the 8's?

-E
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

The BR boys are on a mission....Hello

Quick Reply: 9sec9/OKIX, BUSCHUR RACING, ROUND 3..