Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

need to find 5v/12v

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need to find 5v/12v

so wish i knew how to use a probe/multimeter because it would make this project soo much easier, but i cant understand the thing for the life of me .. so anywhoo ive been trying to wire up my aem wideband and didnt know if anybody knew off the top of their heads what color wires/which wires i should splice into, (photos would be even better ) also i wanted to know that if i didnt want to use a db9 cable just yet to log my afr i would just leave it unconnected to anything
oh and last question, when it says ground one of the ports on the db9 cable, am i running a seperate cable to another grounding point?

oh and offhand, would anybody know which fuse it is for the radio/interior front lights? think their blown since their not powering
Old Jan 3, 2009, 12:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
you need a switched 12v source (cigarette lighter works well)which you can tap into for the gauge and the 0-5v source is strictly for logging purposes

here is some info about the logging part

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...tructions.html

black to ground
Old Jan 3, 2009, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

i read the whole thread and it was said at the end that white stays untouched since it is used for people running an ems.. so all i would have to do is red/black/blue correct?
Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
to work the gauge only, you just need the red and black

the blue is an output for logging

white, I'm not sure
Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

White is 0-5V analog out.

I just installed my AEM UEGO today. Bought a Bussman add-a-fuse kit and 10A fuses from Autozone. Installed it next to the 15A cigarette lighter fuse located in the drivers side footwell. There was an open, unused slot with a switched 12V power source. Red wire from AEM UEGO to the switched 12V power source and grounded the black wire from the AEM UEGO.

I bought a cheap DB9 serial cable and cut the male side off. Tested for continuity on the pins to make sure Pin #2 was the receive signal and Pin#5 was ground. The instructions say that green is ground and red is receive but I found it was opposite. I hooked up the blue wire from the AEM UEGO to the Pin#2 wire and I grounded Pin#5 and the shielding.

I tested the sensor in Hyperterminal and everything works correctly. I used EvoScan and logged also without a problem.