Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

is this the awful transfer case whine?!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha alright thank you!!! where can i get that stuff?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

is this the stuff i need?

http://www.jscspeed.com/evo/clutch/diaqueen.htm
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Keep stock fluid only in your TC Period. thank me later.
i dont know man, i think in the last year i have sold Severe Gear 100% synthetic to over :::: opps i cant count how many cars have purchased this fluid from us it has been so many of them
and no problems at all with their cars,

i usto swear by OEM, i tried it for myself and i was content, i you put MSDS data side by side OEM VS AMSOIL ,, the AMSOIL hands down will beat the OEM.

AMSOIL will give you the best of both worlds great lubricity to the gears and for the syncros, thats the issue with some lubes they are great for the gears but bad for the syncros and the other way around, its hard to find that oil that has both worlds
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

alright ill try it...what kind do i get?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by apagan01
i dont know man, i think in the last year i have sold Severe Gear 100% synthetic to over :::: opps i cant count how many cars have purchased this fluid from us it has been so many of them
and no problems at all with their cars,

i usto swear by OEM, i tried it for myself and i was content, i you put MSDS data side by side OEM VS AMSOIL ,, the AMSOIL hands down will beat the OEM.

AMSOIL will give you the best of both worlds great lubricity to the gears and for the syncros, thats the issue with some lubes they are great for the gears but bad for the syncros and the other way around, its hard to find that oil that has both worlds
I don't know much about AMSOIL, but since you sell it, you will try to sell it. Redline was not good for me, and it would be better to stay stock, as lots of R&D was done by mitsubishi in getting this fluid right, and a lot the fastest Evos still use the Diaqueen fluid without breakage, so that says something. I understand your point on trying to sell the AMSOIL, maybe its good, who knows, but I say the BEST is OEM fluid PERIOD. Just my (and alot of others 2c)
Old Mar 11, 2009, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

its basically gonna come down to which one i can pick up friday after school......can i get this mitsubishi stuff at the dealer or will they have to order it?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealerships have it yes. I wouldn't get a part/liquid, JUST BECAUSE its readily available. I would not skimp in order to just get it. Thats me though. Good luck.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

i get ya. thanks for the help!!! ill go to the mistubishi dealer friday and pick some of it up!!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
subscribed
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lots of good info here---but I think you have other considerations...mainly from what I understands 1-2 gears are straight cut and will wine as a result no matter what you run.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

I have a buddy that has a whine in the lower gears as well. Only when decelerating, and also a thud sometimes when we shift from a hard pull from the rear diff it sounds like. He does have a ACT 2600 or 2900 which could be causing the problem. But, still wondering about the whining noise. I know its common but it also could be the transmission synchos. Should we put some different oil in and see, and does putting in the oil get rid of the sound, or prevent further abuse of the transmission.

James
Old Mar 16, 2009, 01:02 PM
iy
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by meckert
Lots of good info here---but I think you have other considerations...mainly from what I understands 1-2 gears are straight cut and will wine as a result no matter what you run.
I don't think they are straight cut. Reverse is straight cut and makes a very distinctive buzzing whine sound. The 1st 2nd doesn't make quite the same sound.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Going from redline to stock quieted down my deceleration noise. With the redline it wasn't so much a whine as it was a rattling however.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Not to revive a dead thread but for guys who choose Diaqueen do you mix it with anything for the tcase? I read somewhere the was a mix you should do...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Im just letting everyone know that i changed ever fluid in my evo to AMSOIL and it was the best thing i have done to my evo. i thought my trans needed to be rebuilt but it was just the redline. i could not believe it...the 1st n 2nd gear whine was almost GONE. im going to drive the car 1000 miles n drain the trans again and fill it again with AMSOIL to get the rest of the redline off the gears....

Quick Reply: is this the awful transfer case whine?!!!