Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help with my Sparktech ignition!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with my Sparktech ignition!

I am having trouble with misfire all of a sudden. My mods are in my signature below. The car ran fine before Monday. Monday I dropped the car off to have my in tank fuel pump hardwired directly to the battery. After I got the car back I noticed a really violent misfire. I tried changing the plugs. Didnt help the car at all. We then retuned the car thinking it might be too rich. Still is misfiring. I have both of my fuel pumps and the cdi box hooked up to the positive terminal of my oddysee pc680 battery. The car starts to misfire horribly around 22 psi. I then hooked up a set of stock coils on the car. The car misfired at around 26psi and it wasnt a violent misfire. Most likely because i didnt gap the plugs and it is stock ignition on my setup. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing this. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have tried to get a hold of SparkTech but the line is always busy. Any help would be appreciated. Is it possible that hooking that last pump up around the same spot took some power away from the cdi and is causing this?

thanks
PJ
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

bump! Any help?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

If you changed back to the stock ignition and are still having the same problems, your problem has nothing to do with the Sparktech unit. I would check the tune and your AFR readings. Good luck.

Aaron
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WHTEVO
If you changed back to the stock ignition and are still having the same problems, your problem has nothing to do with the Sparktech unit. I would check the tune and your AFR readings. Good luck.

Aaron
He changed it back and the it got better. The fact that problems arose when the pump was re-wired points in the direction of the pump wiring.

Last edited by dsevo; Jun 4, 2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

I followed someones advice and tried to hook up a jumper cable from the head to the chassis to see if it was a grounding issue. Surprisingly the car isnt misfiring as much and sometimes not at all. I wonder what could have come off grounding wise that is causing this?

PJ
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

hey you pmd me about buying my crank i treid to pm u back but u box is full and says u need to delete messages befor u can recieve more!!!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

fixed man! PM me again!

thanks
PJ