Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Weird noise under acceleration...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird noise under acceleration...

this one has me

while accelerating with partial or wot in low rpms (under 3k) i hear a very strange noise. it's similar to the sound of a spring when you bend it and then let go (strange explination i know ). it only last for a brief moment and everything seems fine after that.

i recently had a new transmission put in and ever since it seems like there has been a slew of problems. the o-ring between the transfercase and tranny has a leak but i doubt that is causing this. 2nd gear pops out of place, hoping it's not a syncro issue since this is a BRAND NEW tranny, gearbox, t-case etc.

technically it's all to be handled under warranty since i purchased the new tranny, but when i took it into the stealership my car was broken into and busted up. they claimed no responsiblity for any of the damages so it's now the last place i want to take my car. and just my luck the closest place that will warranty the work is over 2 hours away.

any ideas?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:01 PM

bump
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:09 PM

This isn't going to help now, but you should've gotten the transmission and x-fer case rebuilt by Shep, Buschur, TRE.

That's one crazy sound explanation. Get you get a video up of the sound?... and we'll go from there.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by RapedApe
This isn't going to help now, but you should've gotten the transmission and x-fer case rebuilt by Shep, Buschur, TRE.

That's one crazy sound explanation. Get you get a video up of the sound?... and we'll go from there.
i talked to shep and team rip, but having a warranty seemed more reasonable at the time.

i'll see what i can do about getting a video of the sound. it is now only happening every now and then... very weird