Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad rattling from engine bay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad rattling from engine bay

So I just started getting this bad rattling sound in my engine bay, its only at idle, and when the clutch is engaged it disappears. Any ideas as to whats causing this? similar experience?

I'm on the stock clutch, but I only have 32k on it.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
throwout bearing? mine does that too, and has done that since i bought it. 4 years and 60k later, still rattles but doesn't affect anything. clutch pedal, engagement, shifting, all ok. i do 4-6500 rpm shifts all the time so, while i don't beat on it, i am not the nicest to the clutch. still original clutch. the only way to find out is when you do a clutch or it blows up. unless that is not the problem. there are a couple of old threads on this. not sure if it was resolved or not. good luck.

edit- found the thread and it said the input shaft bearing is noisy, but no real resolution. not sure if its normal or what, but i haven't had any problems.

Last edited by heavens turbo; Feb 1, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by heavens turbo
throwout bearing? mine does that too, and has done that since i bought it. 4 years and 60k later, still rattles but doesn't affect anything. clutch pedal, engagement, shifting, all ok. i do 4-6500 rpm shifts all the time so, while i don't beat on it, i am not the nicest to the clutch. still original clutch. the only way to find out is when you do a clutch or it blows up. unless that is not the problem. there are a couple of old threads on this. not sure if it was resolved or not. good luck.

edit- found the thread and it said the input shaft bearing is noisy, but no real resolution. not sure if its normal or what, but i haven't had any problems.
thanks for the info