Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

trans>trans mount

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trans>trans mount

my trans has been going for the last month. 2nd gear gets lock out at high rpms than 2nd gear is just locked out. 3rd gear scratchs. 4ths perfect. 5th scratchs. its too cold and i no longer can use my garage to do work in so its staying in for the time being. last week i drove the car 2 nights and it was perfect shifted every gear perfect. popped the hood today and my friend goes "is that supposed to be like that" its just something thats always there that you dont plan to look at. well the bolt in my trans mount broke. so it was on an angle some how still staying together though. dont know how or when but the threads snapped off. so i went and put in a new one today.

while the slight vibration that i thought was coming from letting a friend balance my wheels went away. ALL the problems that went away are back in full swing! just curious on anyones thoughts of how a transmission thats not fully secured can work over one that is.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Wow. Crazy. So was it an aftermarket tranny mount bolt? Or was it one of the stock studs in the tranny?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 01:55 AM
Evolving Member

it was just the stock stud. the mounts fine idk what happened just weird. and even weirder then now thats fixed my trans is back to crap