Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

none of the original Evo Green turbos left ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none of the original Evo Green turbos left ?

Hi all , relatively new to the Evo scene and I get the feeling that the original FP Evo Green turbo is no more .
Such a shame because we don't have FP here in Australia and I like the idea of a potentially 9 based turbo with the TD06SL2R turbine and FPs 5/5 bladed 69mm compressor wheel .
I guess FP is hardly likely to sell me a compressor wheel so I can have this turbo built up here in Oz and no I won't accept the reverse 20G compressor wheel that is available .
I suppose most will say just buy the Evo HTA Green but its an expensive animal landed in Australia - something like $2700 AuD which is 600+ AuD more than a GT3076R .
I will PM Robert Young and see if he deals with/through GCG over here , other than that I suppose I have to source a 2nd hand early FP Evo Green and get it rebuilt here .

Cheers Adrian in Oz .
Old Jun 8, 2010, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good luck with that you will see them for sale on the forums from time to time
Old Jun 8, 2010, 09:21 PM

Haha with the REDs and BLACKS flooding the market I thought GREENS would be dime a dozen, unfortunately that is not the case lol
Old Jun 8, 2010, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have one (used) and it is in perfectly serviceable condition. Either i can configure it with a fast spool 9.0 hsg,, or for a few extra pence with my fully tunnelported 10.5 housing. If you want to auto-x then the 9.0 is the ticket. If you want more topend, then the fully ported 10.5 is the choice. I'll let it go cheap.

Last edited by sparky; Jun 8, 2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
there you go op i forgot sparky had one now if he would only tune the red and post numbers already
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Rockster: You and Mikey are way mean to me. My Red install is complete except for installing the radiator and tightening up the IC piping. Also I want to cut the actuator rod about 3/8" because I want to preload the **** out of the thing. And I want a low timing/high boost 91 octane Mellon tune. I will install a bigger FMIC as well. So, stop picking on me, buddy
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:33 PM

I believe AMS provides a service much like this to turn stock 9 turbos into "hta green"
Old Jun 9, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Hi sparky , given a choice I'd like one just as FP or DB sold them though an FP ported one sounds good .

Can you PM me details of your "tunnel ported" 10.5 turbine housing as that's a new one on me .

The reason why I'm interested in the original Evo Green is because everyone raves about its lack of surge and that they work so well even on a reasonably std engine .
My car being an Evolution 6 doesn't have the MiVec and is probably lighter than a USDM 9 too .

I just get the feeling that the HTA Green works better on stretched engines and or those using exotic fuels .
I really liked DB's views on the original Evo Green - from what I read on that long string started when he fist got hold of them .

So many threads here and quite a few FP std frame options , I think for me an original Green or the current White 68 HTA would be the go because I don't aim to go wild on a street car .
ATM I'm looking at the exhaust/02 Hsg/turbo and manifold because I understand with a tune this is what wakes up your average Evo Lancer .
Top end doesn't worry me , good driveability and killer mid range torque is what I'd like . My current Evo 6 GSR's std turbo has a 10.5 housing and does not feel laggy so I don't think a 9cm would be necessary .

Thoughts ?

Cheers A .
Old Jun 9, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

I have no objective data to give you on my "Tunnel-Ported" 10.5cm Green housing. A standard 10.5 housing on a Green can be made to spoolup pretty nicely though. Just crush a stock metal DV, run GSC S1 camshafts and set your cam sprockets to relatively advanced settings, preload the WG to 22 PSI, pull timing at low RPM's so as to increase exhaust heat.

My tunnel port housing has crappy mid range characteristics and crappy turbo spoolup. I lost about 400-600 RPM of spool after porting compared to a commercially ported 10.5 hsg., but as soon as you get it up over 23 PSI it will just walk a standard, commercially ported 10.5 Green housing.

Last edited by sparky; Jun 9, 2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
The original green is still out there. Contact Billy@EnglishRacing about my old one that he now owns. It is in good condition and for sale.

aaron
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:01 AM

I'm running an original FP green on my car. I still see from time to time people selling these in the fs section. Nowadays, its the red and black.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I am still rocking an OG EvoGreen with about 60,000 miles on it. Sparky has even ridden in it

Currently working on my 2.4 Evo Black build.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:34 PM

Not to hijack this thread, but if there is any other Greenies out there hit me up as well

I always thought a 2.1 + green would be an awesome combo
Old Jun 11, 2010, 04:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by riceclown
Not to hijack this thread, but if there is any other Greenies out there hit me up as well

I always thought a 2.1 + green would be an awesome combo
i upgraded to an fp red over a year ago and sold my fp green a few months back to a friend but now he's running a gt35r. he only had it on for two weeks and is up for sale again.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
To be clear...need to PM Billy here on EvoM. He doesnt read the email or have access to it for our work email actually

thanks

aaron

Quick Reply: none of the original Evo Green turbos left ?