Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

time for a new trany and clutch...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
time for a new trany and clutch...

Well its time for a new entire clutch and trany swap. so i am sending my trany out to be rebuilt by shep. now i just have to decide if i want to continue with my current set up (ACT 6 puck w/ Extreme pressure plate, and stock flywheel) or try something new. i have to replace the flywheel and pressure plate for sure due to the improper step on them now... My mods consist of just about all the bolt ons. kelford 272, walbro, 780cc injectors, boost pill, adjustable wastegate, ect.. along with meth injection soon. I would like to get something like the exedy twin but my main concerns are rebuild price down the road. i like the fidanza flywheel with the replaceable friction plates. can the exedy twin clutch work with a fidanza flywheel? the exedy replacement flywheel is like $400..
Old Sep 6, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
use an exedy 4 puck ceramic metallic clutch i have one for sale brand new in box for 200. it comes with the alignment tool u have to buy the pressure plate seperately. Also if you dont mind driveability problems id recommend the exedy 12 lbs flywheel. I got low 1.6 60 footers all day with this setup and it hold 500+ to the ground...bad *** clutch!!!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twin plate comes with their own flywheel.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had a exedy twin. awesome clutch but it was meant for a really really high hp evo not my 350-400hp evo.. i would go with something less expensive and more practical for your mods...btw creeping in a drive thru with a twin is about the hardest thing ever.. so so much chatter