Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HELP - no power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP - no power to fuel pump

I am trying to get my built motor started but running into problems with getting power to my Walbro 400 lph fuel pump.

I have tested all the relays and fuses - they are all getting power and are properly grounded. The ECU sends power to the relays upon key in the second position which should also prime the fuel pump, but unfortunately no priming. Checked the wire harness plug for the fuel pump assembly and it shows good ground, but no 12 volt power. There is power going to the fuel level sensor though.

I have already checked the fuel pump itself and everything is wired up properly and the fuel pump is secure. I have also tried the stock fuel pump with a different assembly and still no power to the fuel pump. I am at a loss as to what is going on.

Have any of you experienced this at found a solution?

Thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

...all I hear are crickets...lol. I suppose this must be a case of first impression.

Another factoid - there is no power going to the coil packs either.

I have tested every fuse and relay for power and continuity and they all check out good. I don't understand how this would have happened as the wiring was not touched as part of the engine build.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
I just said this in another post. Make sure your connection to ground is clean enough where the wire is makeing good contact to good metal on the car.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
I just said this in another post. Make sure your connection to ground is clean enough where the wire is makeing good contact to good metal on the car.

Exactly which grounding wire/point are you talking about? The wires going to the fuel pump harness are fully enclosed.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Yes and they ground to something correct?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Actually I wasn't thinking. I was thinking your pump was rewired.