Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch engagement changed and hard to get into gear!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2004, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch engagement changed and hard to get into gear!!!

My clutch engagement recently went from the 3/4 pedal out position to engaging when the clutch is almost 100% released. Now I have a problem engaging 1st gear.

I did let my relative drive the car for 10minutes and something changed since then. Is there a clutch adjustment somewhere that could have loosened?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

chances are that your clutch is about to go to clutch heaven. i made the same mistake with my last car and my friend managed to burn my clutch in less than 3mins
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

This bites the big one. What do you guys recommend, Keep driving it, take it in (how much does it cost), take it in and put in an aftermarket clutch?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

New clutch would be good so you dont grind the **** out of your gears. Aftermarket all the way, never get the stock one again.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Peazoo
This bites the big one. What do you guys recommend, Keep driving it, take it in (how much does it cost), take it in and put in an aftermarket clutch?
i would buy an after market one and put it in. if you want i have a cusco carbon/carbon for sale that is brand new in the box. also, where are you located? maybe i can help you find someone to put it in for you...
Old Jan 15, 2004, 02:25 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
My clutch is 100% fine, but has always engaged very high up the pedal. Sometimes when I drive other 5 speeds, I'll almost stall the car from a start, becasue the pedals are 100% released about 25% from the bottom.

I drove an RX8 a few months ago and got back in my car and thought my clutch was gone, because I was lifting off the pedal and the car wasn't going anywhere.