Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Is it worth it to upgrade my ic+licp?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anarchy99
I would do andinjen intake system with upper and lower pipes along with an ETS front mount intercooler upgrade of at least 3.5 inches thick
As long as you don't do this, you should be fine I've never heard a good thing about Injen pipes. AMS FTW

EDIT I wouldn't think twice about buying ETS either, everything they put out seems to be the highest quality

Last edited by PatricksEvilEvo; Apr 26, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Agreed on Injen... I would also recoment ETS Love my core as well as the LICP.. I felt improvement on spool as well as less heat soak. I did 371 atw with basic bolt ons...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well ive never ran injen personally, have seen numerous times there piping gets crushed due to over torquing the clamps. I ran aluminum ic piping before, and on my licp which is similar in design to the AMS but was made by XS engineering the licp coupler where the two pieces connect would hang low and subsequently tear or come loose after months of driving. Ive installed my ets piping and ic, to replace them, and you might say that the ETS might do the same but since its a one piece SS piping it doesnt sag low as long as you put it on right. With T BOLT clamps ive yet to have to tighten them down and the piping and IC have been on almost a year. That said, buy the AMS ic and licp just be aware you might have an issue down the road with the two piece coupler connector coming loose. So I would buy a couple of couplers to keep at your house and swap them once that coupler goes bad.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some of you are missing the point...

I can get a good deal on an AMS set of the IC and LICP. I just wanted to know if it was worth it for me to get both of these things now for a decent deal, or save some cash and just buy a different licp. This isn't a debate over brand or anything like that haha

From the looks of it most people think I should just get a licp. From research it seems that the stock ic is ok up to about 300 hp, but passed that it's seems worth it to upgrade...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by R. Burgundy
Some of you are missing the point...

I can get a good deal on an AMS set of the IC and LICP. I just wanted to know if it was worth it for me to get both of these things now for a decent deal, or save some cash and just buy a different licp. This isn't a debate over brand or anything like that haha

From the looks of it most people think I should just get a licp. From research it seems that the stock ic is ok up to about 300 hp, but passed that it's seems worth it to upgrade...

I just re-read the OP. Yes, go for it.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Whoops.. I would go with the IC and LICP.. If you can get a good deal get it now... You will need it eventually...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:05 PM

ic is not necessary for the power you are looking to make but for the deal you are getting from your buddy, you might as well get it. Cant beat that price for both parts.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tell me how im missing the point, yes BUY IT, but I was tryin to give you some advice, on what to do about a potential issue you might have with a 2 piece licp. Because I had the same issue till I swapped to the ETS 1 piece licp. Nobody on this forum will be content with just 300 hp, for long. Youll get over the power sooner or later it wont feel as fast. Trust me, so buy parts that will help you get to a realistic goal hp wise. 400+ is usually what most shoot for. So buy it worse comes to worse you dont like the two parts flip em and get your money back. So dont give me more attitude before I punt your friend Baxter haha
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Nisei>ETS>AMS

Why, you may ask?

1 - The AMS tapers down and is a two piece design, which I don't like.

2 - The ETS has no bracket, making it more prone to pop off because it's not supported.

3 - The Nisei fixes both of these issues.
The ETS wont pop off if you install it correctly. Also, most every aftermarket LICP does NOT have the bracket.

Also, the Nisei uses the thinnest aluminum, which crushes very easy. And, before I bought Nisei stuff, they would answer all emails, but after I bought parts from them and had an issue, then wouldnt return multiple emails. IMO, they have horrible customer services after the sale.

IMO, you can beat ETS' products or customer service.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Didn't mean to start a war here.

I didn't know Nisei makes them in Aluminum now, as I stopped looking into it after I bought mine....in that case I would never buy one.

So, in that case, ETS FTW. I didn't mean to bash you guys, Michael. Your products are great.

I personally just liked the idea of the bracket for insurance.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks every one! I think I'll pick it up now for the price. I wasn't planning on getting an ic but I guess its worth it, whether I end up pushing 400+ or not...And if down the road I have some extra cash maybe I'll change the licp. Who knows. Ets's is very appealing.

Originally Posted by dastallion951
So dont give me more attitude before I punt your friend Baxter haha
Hey if you wanna throw down in fisticuffs, fine, I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waitin' for ya right here
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey if you wanna throw down in fisticuffs, fine, I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waitin' for ya right here
Lol, that is awesome!

Without the factory style brackets, wouldn't "boost braces" be a sensible option for someone requiring that added insurance?

....and for those that are incapable of getting a t-clamp on correctly
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:31 PM
Former Sponsor

ETS has some of the best products on the market and all I recommend to all my customers. Not only do they look great, perform outstanding, but Michael is a cool guy to deal with too

Mikey
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:27 PM

If your going to do one, might as well just replace it all...looks better too!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TonyPajamaz
If your going to do one, might as well just replace it all...looks better too!
...and if you do it, go the short route. I didn't want to deal with changing the battery setup so I went with the standard route. Regretting it ever since.

Quick Reply: Is it worth it to upgrade my ic+licp?