Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

servicing transmision/transfer case

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question servicing transmision/transfer case

first im sure this is somewhere on here but im still confused, i just hade my transmission (5spd) and transfer case (ACD) rebuild so it was all removed and im trying to find the process and what fluid to use starting from filling up transmission to bleeding the ACD, if your just gonna call me a noob or whatever well just move on.

thanks
2006 evo IX mr
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I usually use the Mitsubishi Diaqueen fluid. Spec calls for SAE 90 weight gear oil, which is a hard weight to find in the aftermarket. Most oil companies don't make a straigh 90 weight oil. I have used Royal Purple, Redline, and Amsoil 75-90 with no issues in the past. You will need to bleed the ACD per the factory service manual. Either you are going to have to go to the dealer, or find someone with a scanner that has the capability to do so. My SnapOn Solis will do it. I'd do it for you but you quite a bit away.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Who rebuild it? I would ask what they recommend. I always used diaqueen until got a built transmission and the builder recommend amsoil mtg.. Where in GA are you at? Oh yea and noob lol sorry just had to for lulz
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To bleed the tcase there's a bleeder on the bottom of it. Turn the key to the ONII position while flooring the gas pedal for ~7 seconds. You'll hear the acd pump kick on. Just repeat that process until it's fully bleed. You need someone to help you do it. I'm also pretty sure if you have the newest version of Evoscan you can do it from there also.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Problem

So my car has not given me any signals of anything wrong. Today I am normally driving around and when I try to shift from 4th to 5th the transmission got stuck in 4th. The shifter is really stiff and will only move to the right. It will not come out of gear. I checked the linking point above the transmission and it all seems good. Any ideas or suggestions? BTW it's an 06 MR with the original 6 Speed.