Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo Clutch Pedal assembly

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo Clutch Pedal assembly

Did anybody ever change the pedal assembly on a 8 or 9? My clutch pedal assembly cage is split in half. The thin metal that holds it together has cracked at the weld point.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump
Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the same exact thing happened to my Evo 9, so I wanted to ask you did you ever get that fixed? because right now my evo is just sitting because I can't find anyone who can get under the dash and weld the metal bracket back together so my evo is useless! Some body please help ! Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I've never taken a look at a Evo 8/9 specifically but I'm pretty sure it's not that hard. I've done it in both my galant vr4's,Evo 3 conversion and so forth. Are the pedal assemblies in the 8/9 independent from each other?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 01:45 PM

Yes they are independent from eachother, but it just seems like there is no room to work with down there unless you take off the whole bottom dash board, but some one on here said his 8/9 got fix without removing the dash so it is possible , the thing is finding the right person to do the job is the problem, you dont happen to live in Washington state do you brunoboy650?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 03:37 PM

I'm in the exact boat. I try to post pictures but it doesn't allow me. My guy is taking off the whole dash and welding a new piece to reinforce. Not only did the clutch pedal turn to twisted metal, but also the 1 of the 2 brackets up under the dash broke where it mounts. Horrible.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 03:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
removing the pedal from the car is going to be your best bet and taking it to a shop to weld it back together had this happen in my rx8 a while back.

taking the peddle out is not very difficult just a tight spot.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 03:46 PM

Yea thsts what were going to have to do, take out the pedel first than weld the bracket back together, and i forgot to mention that this is the second pedal that I put on since I had to crack in the bracket First pedel was all twisted and broke just like you said and the second one I had on for 5 to 6 months and finally broke on me so hopefully I can find a mechanic soon that can get under there and while that bracket back together and then I will be buying another clutch pedal assembly
Old Apr 12, 2016, 01:54 PM

I've changed mine twice... Go to a weld shop and bulletproof the flange.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sleepless
I've changed mine twice... Go to a weld shop and bulletproof the flange.
did the welder have to take out the whole dashboard sleepless?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by mrevo900
did the welder have to take out the whole dashboard sleepless?

No. He just have to remove the pedal from the car. That take like 2 minute to remove. After that he can weld the asembly and the flange in the car. When i weld in the car i have to be carefull but i can do it without removing the dash. A good welder will do it no problem.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 09:41 PM

Thanks for all the input and info everyone, i should get my new clutch pedel tomorrow and hopefully my macanic will have time this weekend to get the flange/bracket weled right so i dont have to go threw is headache ever again!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 09:15 PM

now does the clutch assembly with abs different without the abs? the one with abs is double the price and discontinued.. anyone can help?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lpz_evo9
now does the clutch assembly with abs different without the abs? the one with abs is double the price and discontinued.. anyone can help?
did you ever figure out the difference? I have to replace mine on my 2006 Evo IX. Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Evolution827
I'm in the exact boat. I try to post pictures but it doesn't allow me. My guy is taking off the whole dash and welding a new piece to reinforce. Not only did the clutch pedal turn to twisted metal, but also the 1 of the 2 brackets up under the dash broke where it mounts. Horrible.
bro same happen to me. I own an Evo 9 blue. My clutch assembly cracked in multiple places. Aswell as u my Evo's frame were the pedal bolts on also one cracked. I had a friend weld me it back together. Now a year later 3 days ago it finally gave up again. It snapped on the right side so now I'm going a different route. I suggest buying a new pedal assembly from the dealer. I actually work for Concord Mitsubishi and was able to find the part . Hopefully it's the right one since all the research j did before. Evo 8 to evo 9 abs is a difference. Wish me luck.

Clutch mods
ACT heavy duty clutch stage
ACT ligh flywheel

Quick Reply: Evo Clutch Pedal assembly