Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car is jerking when releasing the gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is jerking when releasing the gas pedal

Hello guys. I am posting this thread because i did not find a solution to this problem on the internet. My car is jerking when i release the gas. It happens in all gears and in all rpms. First i thought it can be either dv or clutch but it happens below 2-3k rpm and it does not happen when shifting the clutch. Now i am thinking may be the problem is engine mounts but on highway i put the car in neutral and used brakes to test it. There was not any jerking. Drivetrain is also fine. If you know something, please share it with me.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 08:40 PM

What type of dv do you have? It is re-circ?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Robin651
What type of dv do you have? It is re-circ?
No i have an atmospheric dv
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by araz5260
Hello guys. I am posting this thread because i did not find a solution to this problem on the internet. My car is jerking when i release the gas. It happens in all gears and in all rpms. First i thought it can be either dv or clutch but it happens below 2-3k rpm and it does not happen when shifting the clutch. Now i am thinking may be the problem is engine mounts but on highway i put the car in neutral and used brakes to test it. There was not any jerking. Drivetrain is also fine. If you know something, please share it with me.
Does it eventually go away after a few minutes and do you have aftermarket cams?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by NHazz
Does it eventually go away after a few minutes and do you have aftermarket cams?
Yeah it goes away because of decrease of speed if i do not touch the gas pedal or brake. The cams are stock.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 07:48 AM

Yeah it goes away because of decrease of speed if i do not touch the gas pedal or brake. The cams are stock.
Sounds like the tune man. I was going to say mine does the jerk/buck every once in awhile when the weather goes from one extreme to another. What are your mods?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did the issue happened after installing a mod?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by mrbonilla
did the issue happened after installing a mod?
The issue for me was very slight, almost to the point of not even being an annoyance. I was told - and don't quote me on this - that cars with aftermarket cams will sometimes do this (mild buck/jerk on partial throttle) until the motor gets to operating temp. The tune definitely will help though. What mods do you have on your car?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 04:04 PM

The problem was the bov. I changed it to ix mr bov and the jerking went off. Thank you for the reviews
Old Oct 7, 2019, 07:43 PM

it's good to hear your issue had been solved. I got simalr issue, jerk/buck when on/off throttle at all gears and any speed. Did yours do the same when at neatual as mine deosnt do this at neatual at all. And what BOV did you use?