Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New owner post

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner post

On the lot
New coilovers
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Looks great Joel

Welcome to EVOM. If you have any questions, let us know

Joe
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:30 PM

Re

I'm bummed I had just typed a huge list of mods and my fixes and question but I wasnt signed in some how and went to post and lost it all so long story short car has always since I purchased died randomly at some stops I clean iac and found bad o ring better not perfect.. still does this sometimes af drops to 8 10 and floods out dies.. starts with a huge cloud black smoke car has cams and numbers on pistons not sure but I think built motor. Car pulls vacuum on a good day16.5 down hill in gear some time it won't and will on pull 10 or 12 down hill in gear? Wtf I'm also having some odd boost situation car was only boosting 12 psi no pills but grim speed ebc I adj wastegate and now it goes right to 12 holds for a lil bit than goes up to 22 is the highest I have seen I'm fourth around 5 6 k af around 10.. my other question is does car have a tune it will bounce rpm with foot off the clutch at 6 k no engine light and I only have one o2 sensor in car. So like I said I had a huge text writing of all mods and other problems this is the short end version I would love to answer questions regarding more info or anything like that I appreciate you guys reading and have done much research on hear already I have owned car for 4 months now so a lot of research has been done and I'm the rest of my problems lie in the tune but not sure
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Ohh, she looks nice. I have a red car but my second choice would be white. Around town you'll find that if you open the sunroof and rear windows it makes the nicest breeze without messing your lady friend's hair.

As for getting advice on here it is best to concentrate on one problem, describe it as best you can. Then when that gets fixed move to something else in a new thread. Big posts with multiple problems aren't handled well on a forum.

Last edited by barneyb; Dec 6, 2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 01:00 PM

That's funny yea back windows down is nice!! Ya makes sense. I think my first question is do I have a tune? The reason why I'm asking is one o2 sensor no cell if I rev engine it will bounce at 6k with foot off the clutch .. also with the odd boosting it hit 22 psi towards the top of fourth and it was af around 10. So I am assuming tuned .
Old Dec 6, 2016, 01:16 PM

Sorry for sounding like such a nube I have owned car for a few Months and done a bunch of research here this place is great! So I have been fighting small problems and a few remain and i was excited to get them off my chest😋