Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

[Evo8] Running Extremely Rich

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Evo8] Running Extremely Rich

I've been having some trouble with my recently purchased evo. I don't daily it so it hasn't been much of an issue, however, I will be daily-driving it in a few weeks and really need to get it running well. Within minutes of driving it for the first time, a CEL came on. It threw a camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, throttle position sensor, and a bank 1 too rich code. First thing I did was replace the camshaft sensor and plugs, then waited to bring it into my tuner to see what he thinks. Within the 30 minutes of driving it to the shop, the plugs had become completely fouled and it would sometimes stall when stopped in neutral. Getting into gear and driving at low RPMs the engine misfires and is very sluggish. I'm new to evos so I do not have a huge knowledge of their common problems, etc. We tried swapping out my Spoolin' Up COP with an OEM coilpack, however it still ran the same way. Looking into the injectors now to make sure they are operating properly.

The engine is built with 272 cams, PT 6262, E85 Pistons, turbo-tuff rods, MAP headers, speed density, ID2000 injectors, buscher double bumper, AMS Fuel Rail, balance shaft delete, dual springs and retainers, grimms speed EBC, fuel lab pressure regulator, MAP twin scroll.

What do you guys think is causing the issue? Obviously there are a handful of things that can cause it to run rich / misfire but honestly any suggestions will help.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Are you savvy with tuning? First thing I would do is check your injector scaling and latency is correct for those injectors. Did you rule out anything mechanical? What fuel pump are you running? What's your base fuel pressure if you can read it?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Are you savvy with tuning? First thing I would do is check your injector scaling and latency is correct for those injectors. Did you rule out anything mechanical? What fuel pump are you running? What's your base fuel pressure if you can read it?
I have no experience whatsoever with tuning. We ruled out the COP and that is about it so far. I'm having the injectors removed and inspected right now so I don't have access to the car to check the base fuel pressure. I'm running a buscher double pumper.

I thought it was the tune as well, which is why I brought it into my tuner. He was convinced the issue was mechanical, so I'm not sure.