Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo leaking pics included

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo leaking pics included

So my evo has been leaking for awhile now from these two area’s. Been reading that one area could be the oil pan from the seal going bad over time. The other area can figure out where from. Been checking my oil and it’s been steady. Any help is appreciated.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Oct 8, 2018, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
If you do your own maintenance you should have bottled lubricants around. If that's so, then place a piece of clean cardboard under the car, collect a leak sample and see if you can match the lubricants. They all have a different scent and engine oil if not freshly changed always has the smell of blowby. Then, at least you know engine, transmission or transfer case.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
Looks like leak is from top. My guess is valve cover gasket over intake manifold. Look all around gasket to see if you can find a trail of oil going down engine. Mine was leaking from corner #4 intake manifold (nearest driver). My gasket got brittle and cracked there.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
feel up the block and see how far up the oil goes.

typical oil leaks down there are oil pan, oil filter housing or turbo return (it will blow back everywhere if it leaks)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Check your oil pressure sensor. if you see oil traces, take it out and re-seal it back and tighten it.
my 2 cents. Goodluck

Originally Posted by The_Cleaner

Old Oct 11, 2018, 03:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine looks just like yours. Can't see any leaks up top, just a lot of oil around sump area. I came to the conclusion it's a sump off/regasket job using that fancy gasket stuff and replace any sensors/seals within the sump (oil level sensors, oil pressure sensors).

I also figured I should just wait until I can afford a new sump given the weaknesses of the factory one.