Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

evo 4 bigger turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo 4 bigger turbo

I have a evo 4 with a Kingwana tdo7 turbo I've had it on a dyno and it's running 300hp and 711nm/torque now my motor is starting to knock have been told it's a bearing. Just wanting to know if I replace the bearing will it be fine or do I need to up grade the internals and I'm running 11psi on low boost and 16psi on hi boost.
Any ideas what to do next thanks

Last edited by Tom's evo; Jul 3, 2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
If you have spun a bearing, I guess you could just throw bearings in it and get lucky, but I’ve always been told if your going to do it, do it right the 1st time.

I’d tear it down and get the crank checked, probably needs cut or source a new crank.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GSX_TO_EVO
If you have spun a bearing, I guess you could just throw bearings in it and get lucky, but I’ve always been told if your going to do it, do it right the 1st time.

I’d tear it down and get the crank checked, probably needs cut or source a new crank.
Thanks for that I'm going to pull the motor apart and put all new forged internals in it and hopefully won't have anymore problems