Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Engine service soon and Engine check light

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine service soon and Engine check light

What's the difference? I just don’t get it. I had many cars and when engine service turns on that means you got to like 15000 miles or something and dealer needs to rest the light. However I am about to finish installing my turbo kit tomorrow made by ATP and when I turned the car on few days ago the engine soon light came on. I have been reading on the forums about this light and some are saying miss fire or gas cap and so on. so what is the other engine light in our EVOS for??? I am lost why we have engine light and engine service light??. Anyways I am not worried about mine since when i started it the intercooler hose was not connected to the turbo and maybe my sensor on the valve cover was not installed right since I took it off plus one of my hoses was leaking some coolant. Thanks for your help
Old Jun 16, 2004, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump
Old Jun 16, 2004, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Evo only has the one indicator which says "Service Engine Soon" -- which is often generically referred to as a "Check Engine Light".

I don't believe there is a "service reminder light" on the Evo. I'm over 16000 miles and haven't had any such light come on...

If you're going to be modifying your car, invest in an OBD-II code reader and you can read and clear your own codes.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i had that too.. the dealer said its a glitch in the computers system and that mitsubishi is going to offer a reflash in july to fix this... and to do other things, what other things idk but i do know that is probaly the problem....