Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Greddy Boost control

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Boost control

Hey is there an article or something showing step by step how to install the greddy profec b????
Old Sep 15, 2004, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

"Just connect a hose from the pressure source on the turbo to the port marked NO, and connect a hose from the COM port to the wastegate."

got that when i searched...

also
you can leave the emission control to the intake line in tact and just cap off the emission line that was going to the turbo/wastegate T.

i just roughly did the same thing with my mbc today.
you can also plug up the line from the compressor housing and use a T off the mainfold line that runs to the bov as your source of boost. (to the NO port)

heres a link i also found on here
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=21291
Old Sep 15, 2004, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

I will try to give you a quick break down considering I just installed my profec yesterday.

I will start inside the car connecting the head unit:

1. find a place to mount the unit (I used the cuby under the radio and HVAC controls)
2. find a switched power source (I used the ACC line off of the ignition another good line is the power line off of the radio)
3. find a good ground (I used the metal bracket directly under the radio that already has a bolt in it)
4. You are now done providing power for the Control Unit

Now to get a boost signal for the Control unit

1. Tap into a good vacuum and boost source (I used the line coming off of the Fuel Pressure Regulator to the intake manifold ::the one covered by plactic coil wrap:
2. run that line through the firewall on the passenger side (there will be a grommet plug that is not used behind and to the left of the ABS controller ::you will have to pull back the padding off of the firewall to see it w/ a flashlight::
3. Remove the glove box and route the line through (use a wire hanger and tape to fish it through)
4. Run the boost line through and route behind the dash to the control unit
5. Connect the filter and plug into the Control unit

Now for the stepper motor

1. Connect the brass bungs provided to the "NO" and "COM"
2. Connect the hose to the "NO" bung then route to the wastegate actuator
3. Connect more hose to the "COM" then tap the vaccum line to the recirc valve vacuum line and connect
4. Route the signal line provided that connects to the stepper motor through the same hole in firewall used for the boost signal
5. Connect to the fat plug to the stepper motor and the small end to the control unit

You are now done!!!

Now to adjust the settings (a pain in the a$$)

These settings worked for me that I got off of EvoM. I wasted two tanks of gas trying to get the settings then after 20mins of searching I found these that work perfectly

Gain=19
SET=64%
Start Boost=17.5psi
Limiter=21psi
Limiter %= 0

This allows me to run 20psi solid in all gears. You will have to tweak these to adapt to your outside temps and every car is different but these setting worked beautifully
Old Sep 15, 2004, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

There is a How-To on tuning the Profec B ( https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75594 ). I would recommend reading through that and following it to tune the boost controller. If I were to use a set of 64%, I would be somewhere around 22-23 psi. Depending on your other mods, you will need different settings. When I put the silencer in my exhaust, the settings that get me 19 psi to redline only get me to 16 due to the added backpressure.

Also, I would not set the limiter to 0, as it turns the limiter feature off. Setting it to 4 or 5% will drop your boost slightly if it hits the limiter. It could hit the limiter due to changes in temperature or load. It's just there as a safety feature.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

bumppp
Old Sep 16, 2004, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOKing8
bumppp

What more info are you looking for? I gave you the complete install. If you are looking for the manual go to http://www.greddy.com/tech/PROFEC_B_SPEC2.pdf
Old Sep 16, 2004, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

where is a good spot to locate this...so its kindda hidden?
Old Sep 16, 2004, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

also...do i need to cap anything off and if so where do i get these caps??
Old Sep 16, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

where is a good spot to locate this...so its kindda hidden?

Are you trying to hide it from Mitsubishi or are you hiding it from prying eyes. I would say put it in the glove box to keep it from getting noticed from passer-bys but you will have to remove it to go to Mitsu.

also...do i need to cap anything off and if so where do i get these caps??
You will need to cap off the stock boost selinoid located under the airbox. You can get vacuum caps from any parts shop (Pepboys, Autozone, etc) or you can use a short piece of tubing and put a screw or bolt in the other end
Old Sep 16, 2004, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

i wanna hide it from mitsujerkoffs....also where can i get tubing from 4mm for a manual boost control?
Old Sep 17, 2004, 06:06 AM

nrcooled.

you are running boost solid because you are setting the limitter and not dropping it back. your set at 64% is way to high for 21psi so the unit is trying to boost through the limit but the limiter is holding it back. to the fixed amount

this means the solenoid is not working to its full potential. your boost must spike like mad if your gain is 19%..

my settings for 24psi are

gain 8%
set gain is 1.4 bar
set at 59%
limit 1.75bar
warning 25%

obviously fuel air etc in uk is different but it works good
Old Sep 17, 2004, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robvii
nrcooled.

you are running boost solid because you are setting the limitter and not dropping it back. your set at 64% is way to high for 21psi so the unit is trying to boost through the limit but the limiter is holding it back. to the fixed amount

this means the solenoid is not working to its full potential. your boost must spike like mad if your gain is 19%..

my settings for 24psi are

gain 8%
set gain is 1.4 bar
set at 59%
limit 1.75bar
warning 25%

obviously fuel air etc in uk is different but it works good
It really holds boost well. Boost comes on strong and slows at about 18 psi then moves to 20.5 psi and holds steady as a rock. No spiking at all!
Old Sep 22, 2004, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Where is a good vac. and boost line to tap into besides the one on the intake manifold b/c i have my gauge hooked up to that one.

also those settings that where given to me are those for high boost?
Old Sep 23, 2004, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

Where is a good vac. and boost line to tap into besides the one on the intake manifold b/c i have my gauge hooked up to that one.

also those settings that where given to me are those for high boost?

Doesn't really matter what seting you put it on high or low just as long as you remember where they are.

As far as another good vacuum line I would guess the one off of the fuel pressure regulator but everyone says not to use it. It would do the job though
Old Sep 23, 2004, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

nrcooled... I'd be interested to compare settings tonight @ DCAWD. Mine holds pretty well, and I know my settings are quite different. What I might do is try your settings on my "lo" setting and see which one works better for me...

-Pure Evo

Quick Reply: Greddy Boost control