EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   HALLMAN MBC question (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/292808-hallman-mbc-question.html)

W_evo8 Sep 1, 2007 12:49 AM

HALLMAN MBC question

Kdash106 Sep 1, 2007 01:19 AM

no you shouldn't have to disconnect the battery, what you need to do is take the soft spring out and put the hard one in.

W_evo8 Sep 1, 2007 01:37 AM

put it heavy spring problem solved close thread

W_evo8 Sep 1, 2007 01:38 AM

I did have fun tuning ti at 430 in the morning though haha no traffic nothing on the fuzz detector I'm at 23 psi 2-4th gear about 18 in first

Kdash106 Sep 1, 2007 02:19 AM

are you tuned? if not i think u should lower the boost to 20 or lower.

J-ROC Sep 1, 2007 05:39 AM

I'm having the same issue.. my hallman MBC is turned up all the way also... and it only peaked at 20psi on 4th-6th gear. around 18-19psi 1st-3rd. I know to solve the problem is to replace the soft spring with the hard spring.. I was wondering if there's a place where i can buy the harder spring, since i accidently mis-placed somewhere. if anyone can help me out so I can get my car re-tuned at a higher boost. I want to boost atleast 23-25psi...

Originally Posted by W_evo8 (Post 4700646)
Alright I hooked up my MBC to the wastegate line and tapped off the BOV, I can only lower the boost and when I turn it all the way up its the same when it was stock. I read that you should disconect the battery but its late and my alarm goes off if I do that so tomorrow I'll try that.

The max boost I have is 19-20psi with it turned all the way up. I have the soft spring in it right now.

Any useful suggestions are apriciated.

suekie Sep 1, 2007 06:17 AM

i would also know where to get the hard spring...best bet would prolly be to contact hallman and ask them if you can buy one straight from them.

EMC2 Sep 1, 2007 06:48 AM

The light spring should work fine for 23-25 PSI. I have had no issues with mine. Not to sound like a jerk but ...is it hooked up correctly? Did you bypass the boost control solenoid when installing like Hallman recommends?

Jakeg97 Sep 1, 2007 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by suekie (Post 4700855)
i would also know where to get the hard spring...best bet would prolly be to contact hallman and ask them if you can buy one straight from them.

http://www.boostcontroller.com/index...category%3D103

suekie Sep 1, 2007 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jakeg97 (Post 4700898)

friggin saweet

Thanks JAKE!!! :beer:

J-ROC Sep 1, 2007 07:21 AM

NICE...... thanks man....:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Jakeg97 (Post 4700898)

J-ROC Sep 1, 2007 07:27 AM

Yes it is hooked-up correctly, I followed the instructions from hallman, and one of the thread from EVOM. I changed all the stock vaccum hoses to make sure there's no restrictor. but still same results. MBC is turned all the way up, and its only peaking 20psi.... I might just try to get the heavy spring to see any difference before i go out and buy a new one....

Originally Posted by EMC2 (Post 4700897)
The light spring should work fine for 23-25 PSI. I have had no issues with mine. Not to sound like a jerk but ...is it hooked up correctly? Did you bypass the boost control solenoid when installing like Hallman recommends?

EMC2 Sep 1, 2007 08:51 AM

It was worth a shot...sometimes it the simple stuff we overlook. Wonder if my boost controller came with the heavy spring already installed. I didn't request it but stranger things than that have happened to me.

Originally Posted by J-ROC (Post 4700960)
Yes it is hooked-up correctly, I followed the instructions from hallman, and one of the thread from EVOM. I changed all the stock vaccum hoses to make sure there's no restrictor. but still same results. MBC is turned all the way up, and its only peaking 20psi.... I might just try to get the heavy spring to see any difference before i go out and buy a new one....

Neuspeed06 Sep 5, 2007 11:35 AM

This is weird, because i have the FORGE MBC and it came with the hard spring and soft spring. With the soft spring in, i can only boost to 20psi. Whats weird is that when i put the hard spring in, it spikes to 30psi, then holds at about 26. Thats overboosting, and i took it out immediately. I have no clue why this happens.

patty AT forge Sep 5, 2007 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Neuspeed06 (Post 4713408)
This is weird, because i have the FORGE MBC and it came with the hard spring and soft spring. With the soft spring in, i can only boost to 20psi. Whats weird is that when i put the hard spring in, it spikes to 30psi, then holds at about 26. Thats overboosting, and i took it out immediately. I have no clue why this happens.

Did you reset the MBC to the softest setting or did you leave it set the same as with the soft spring?