EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   EVO Green Options/Questions (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/305154-evo-green-options-questions.html)

EVO Scotland Nov 1, 2007 09:05 AM

EVO Green Options/Questions

Hi,

Goin to go with a Evo Green from EVO400 in the uk.
http://www.evo400.co.uk/index.php?ca...&ProductID=155

as you can see there are alot of options eg bb con ported shroud etc, are they worth it??

Also im goin to be running it on std internals, which aint done in the uk at around 1.5/1.6 bar of boost. on 99ron fuel.

I know alot of you guys in America are running on std internals, have you had any issues??

Soon2BEVO Nov 1, 2007 09:10 AM

I have not heard one single issue and Im sure it would be posted all over if there was. I definitely would not worry about it. As for the options, definitely get it ported. Ported shroud is pretty cool, Id get it! BB... ah mine as well!

thatsMR2u Nov 1, 2007 09:13 AM

ported shroud will help with compressor surge which i know the evo 9 compressor non ball bearing has no problems with- but as for ball bearing conversion that would be sick for both quicker spool up and reliability- i say get the ball bearing option only unless they have a porting option also- then port and ceramic coat your exhaust manifold!

then add methanol injection and run 28-30 psi!

EVO Scotland Nov 1, 2007 09:23 AM

thanks guys, quick anwers on here!!
Im going with a Mynes manifold
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ighlight=mynes

Im also at the moment running Tomei 270 cams

So the bb conversion and a ported shroud would be the best option then??

Glad to here nobody has had problems on std internals

thatsMR2u Nov 1, 2007 09:28 AM

well the ported shroud has a huge intake diameter- so if ur still running a MAF sensor it may be hard to find an intake pipe to fit it and it may mess with ur maf readings- so porting the exhaust side would be beneficial but i dont think the ported shroud is worth the extra money.

EVO Scotland Nov 1, 2007 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u (Post 4911986)
well the ported shroud has a huge intake diameter- so if ur still running a MAF sensor it may be hard to find an intake pipe to fit it and it may mess with ur maf readings- so porting the exhaust side would be beneficial but i dont think the ported shroud is worth the extra money.

No Im no longer running the map mate, i have a Apexi Power FC d Jetro fitted to the car along with a Apexi AVCR Boost Controller

thatsMR2u Nov 1, 2007 04:03 PM

then it sounds like the ported shroud may just be worth it for you! cheers

sparky Nov 1, 2007 05:30 PM

Is your BOV venting to atmoshere or recirculating? If it is VTA, then you could try something that I think might give you the best breathing Green out there:

Since you'll be getting the compressor housing with the 4" inlet, then have ITG make you an air filter with a 5" outlet. This will enable you to run a 5" I.D. inlet pipe/hose from the filter outlet to just ahead of the compressor housing inlet, where you would reduce from 5" to 4". Your Green should breath freely then. Of course you may have a hard time finding an UICP that will fit over it all.

Qatar_Evo Nov 1, 2007 05:34 PM

Damn you will pay that much??

order one from here better for you

dudical26 Nov 1, 2007 05:37 PM

just take your green back from your mate who has your old one. hehe

EVO Scotland Nov 2, 2007 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Qatar_Evo (Post 4913851)
Damn you will pay that much??

order one from here better for you

Everything here is expensive!!:rolleyes: But u get used to it, Yeah I have bought for America before and been lucky not to get caught by customs if you do it ends up costing you more!!!:crap:

06MRV8Killer Nov 2, 2007 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by EVO Scotland (Post 4915916)
Everything here is expensive!!:rolleyes: But u get used to it, Yeah I have bought for America before and been lucky not to get caught by customs if you do it ends up costing you more!!!:crap:

Excuse the ignorance but why would you have to worry about customs?

06MRV8Killer Nov 5, 2007 08:02 AM

^ curious about this....

Ducu Jan 21, 2008 11:13 AM

Guys... im puting evo green and wiseco pistons, forged rods...and so on.
My other mods are in my sig...
what should i expect on fuel pump...WHAT NUMBERS?

Mike@Mynes Jan 21, 2008 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer (Post 4923430)
^ curious about this....

Certain European countries have VAT (Value Added Tax) that they tack on imported items... i donno what the % is, but i've heard it's pretty high. There are ways to get around this, but that depends on the luck of the draw as well :D