EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Evos acting wierd an i need help :( battery problems (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/308389-evos-acting-wierd-i-need-help-battery-problems.html)

Kevin Knight Nov 18, 2007 12:42 PM

Evos acting wierd an i need help :( battery problems

left a party this morning and my battery light and parking break light was on. keep drivin then the abs light came on and the srs light came on.

note- i have a oddsey small battery

i have a hks turbo timer and it was reading 10 volts then it when down to 9 and my radio shut off and so did the turbo timmer screen. i knew if i stoped the car the car would probley not start again. drove it back to my friends house and turned it off. then it wouldnt start again. we charged it with a jump pack and it was reading 12 volts. then we drove around and the battery volts slowley went down again. then pulling in the drivway the rpms were real high at nutreal. around 2,500k. i dont think its the alternator because when i was driving the turbo timer light come back on and read 9.3 volts if i was driving at 4k rpm.

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme: i need help i think i need a new battery the battery is 2.5 years old.

Kevin Knight Nov 18, 2007 01:42 PM

need help!!!!!!!!

EvoJoeIX Nov 18, 2007 01:54 PM

make sure the alternator is charging about 14 volts...
sounds like an alt. to me, cause even if your battery isnt any good, the car can still run off the alternator....

Chemwarrior Nov 18, 2007 02:56 PM

Take your car to Advance Auto. They can test your battery and alternator to tell which one if not both are bad.

Silver05Bullet Nov 18, 2007 02:59 PM

its the alternator

bluebyu36 Nov 18, 2007 03:01 PM

your alternator is not charging the car will die in a couple of days the same thing happen to me i drive it for a couple days then it just died

TempeRacerGuy Nov 18, 2007 04:27 PM

It's your alternator.

smokedmustang Nov 18, 2007 04:31 PM

Alternator.

edardnaekim Nov 18, 2007 04:37 PM

hey kevin, do you drive your car with the ligths on ALL the time?

iturregui Nov 18, 2007 04:54 PM

Try jump starting it and have a friend disconnect the battery while you keep the revs at 2k or 3k. If it shuts off, then it's the alternator. If not then you have a really bad battery

Kevin Knight Nov 18, 2007 06:14 PM

i do drive with my lights on alot. i have yellow fog lights that look really sexy when on. but what would that do?

evo420 Nov 18, 2007 06:53 PM

any extra light stereo etc etc puts more strain on your alternator, I ran one of those electric coolers in my work truck and went thru 3 alternators in a year. :eek:

bosco121 Nov 18, 2007 06:57 PM

bring the alternator to auto zone and they will check it out for you. its most likely no good.

dRifT iT Nov 18, 2007 07:07 PM

do your interior lights do a little light show??? like, flicker?

im saying its the alternator tooo...

Kevin Knight Nov 18, 2007 07:23 PM

but if i drive at 4k rpm the turbotimer comes back on and the volts go up. so is the alternator bad?