EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Full-Race Hypertune Intake Manifold Dyno Chart!?! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/316250-full-race-hypertune-intake-manifold-dyno-chart.html)

Faust Jan 2, 2008 05:26 AM

Full-Race Hypertune Intake Manifold Dyno Chart!?!

OK Guys, With all the talk of Intake Manifolds going on right now, I have been trying to research some on my own. One that I have been really interested in (b/c I want it for myself) is the Hypertune IM sold by Full-Race here in the States.

Some of the great things about this mani is that it has provisions for the factory MAP and air temp sensors, along with a fitting for the factory Mitsubishi idle speed controller.

On the Euro-Evo Forums I was directed to this site pertaining to the Hypertune Intake Manifold.

http://www.aatuae.com/hypertune.htm

http://www.aatuae.com/images/Hypertu...tdModified.jpg

Can someone explain to me why that Dyno Graph looks the way it does? I'm really confused how the only thing this amazing work of art did was shift the powerband and not really provide any greater Peak WHP and TRQ.

Thanks for any help anybody can provide...I'm just trying to make the best educated decision on such an expensive purchase. Thanks again.

EvoTech Jan 2, 2008 05:59 AM

That is a really impressive shift in the curve. I don't believe it until an independent shop is able to replicate the results. Also some of the claims on their site are just plain wrong.

the standard intake manifold which, pardon the pun runs out of puff very quickly. While designed to work extremely well with the stock turbocharger,at high power outputs un-even air distribution and throttle body size becomes a real limiting factor.
I think that Buschur has proved otherwise by getting into the 9's on a stock ported intake. Paul (ifarted) should get them to send him one for his upcoming intake tests.

scherejs Jan 2, 2008 06:02 AM

Unless I'm looking at it wrong it offered 34 lb-ft more of peak torque. It also added about 90 lb-ft more at 4000 rpm. That's quite a bit.

tkklemann Jan 2, 2008 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Faust (Post 5108701)
Some of the great things about this mani is that it has provisions for the factory MAP and air temp sensors, along with a fitting for the factory Mitsubishi idle speed controller.

The Factory idle speed controller doesn't mount onto the Intake Manifold, it's on the throttle body. :confused: Does this intake manifold come with a TB or something?

Faust Jan 2, 2008 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by tkklemann (Post 5108759)
The Factory idle speed controller doesn't mount onto the Intake Manifold, it's on the throttle body. :confused: Does this intake manifold come with a TB or something?

Yes, there is an option for a 75mm or 85mm Throttle Body to be purchased with the IM.

Faust Jan 2, 2008 08:00 AM

^^BUMP^^

fimotorsports Jan 2, 2008 09:07 AM

I have seen that manifold in person, it is designed very well.

That dyno graph looks funky... it looks like a different turbo was put on it

Faust Jan 2, 2008 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by fimotorsports (Post 5109327)
I have seen that manifold in person, it is designed very well.

That dyno graph looks funky... it looks like a different turbo was put on it

Yeah, That's what I'm saying...That Dyno graph just doesn't make much sense to me...

Geoff Raicer Jan 2, 2008 02:51 PM

hah thats funny you found this. i had heard about the test, they were all excited. i asked them to send the dyno plot but never got it. i honestly have no idea how accurate it is, but i know those guys are selling a lot of them. we have some in stock now, pretty rare that we do.

Faust Jan 2, 2008 03:53 PM

Geoff, So what do you think about that Dyno Graph. It shows no gain in Peak Horse Power but a 30+ gain in Torque. Is this typical? I just don't get how there isn't one extra HP in the end. Thanks for any thoughts you can provide...

robertrinaustin Jan 2, 2008 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Faust (Post 5111022)
Geoff, So what do you think about that Dyno Graph. It shows no gain in Peak Horse Power but a 30+ gain in Torque. Is this typical? I just don't get how there isn't one extra HP in the end. Thanks for any thoughts you can provide...

It looks like something else is the limiting factor up top. The mani is worth 30-50 whp and lb ft until 5500 rpm at which point the gap narrows. I'd bet something else is holding back power up top. I wonder what turbo they have and what the rest of the mods are.

Ted B Jan 2, 2008 05:12 PM

That would be my assessment as well.

Faust Jan 2, 2008 05:24 PM

So you guys think this manifold is good for at least some top end power, not just a shift in the power band?

MR Jan 3, 2008 03:43 AM

looks like a JUN intake replica to me....just my take..

NewCalEvo Jan 7, 2008 03:53 PM

the JUN one is much much bigger.