EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   ATP Turbo kit Dyno results,,,, (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/346994-atp-turbo-kit-dyno-results.html)

4kinboost May 21, 2008 11:25 PM

ATP Turbo kit Dyno results,,,,

I wanted to take the time to thank Shameless Tuning for helping me set-up the parameters that I needed to get things going.

93+ 3 gallons of 100oct mix
Atp gt3076r
cosworth 272's
3" tbe WITH CAT
dual waly's, -8line, perrin fuel rail
Stock motor
Stock head
Stock intake manni and tb
unported anything
Stock ECU

SUPER CONSERVATIVE PUMPGAS TUNE. It only took me 10 pulls to add 100awhp. 0 knock of course.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93.../IMG_18192.jpg

As soon as I work out the final bugs (boost leak) and throw some c-16 in the tank, I'll be going back for the 500awhp print-out.

There's so much left in this turbo. I think I can crack 530-550 with AEM-- but I like the idea of a stock ecu/catted/no roll cage 500awhp car.

I guess this is the point when the ATP bashing begins?

dudical26 May 21, 2008 11:29 PM

Congrats, those are good numbers. Although it seems like you went a bit overboard on the fuel system. What size injectors are you running? I can't imagine you really need dual walbros and -8 fuel line.

Warrtalon May 21, 2008 11:30 PM

We'll see.

4kinboost May 21, 2008 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by dudical26 (Post 5689803)
Congrats, those are good numbers. Although it seems like you went a bit overboard on the fuel system. What size injectors are you running? I can't imagine you really need dual walbros and -8 fuel line.

Thanks a million.

As for the fuel system, I've learned too many times to 'mod just once'. Everytime I buy something, I use overkill. This helps me to always have room to grow in the future when I feel the need to go faster.... + I worked the fuel system into the deal when I bought the car from Top Level!!

4kinboost May 21, 2008 11:46 PM

Sorry, didn't see the question. 780's.

deadbeatrec May 22, 2008 04:38 AM

cant see the numbers. also what boost?

ps: i made 504whp on ics dynojet with this kit and 29psi with a throttle body boost leak.

Creamo3 May 22, 2008 04:50 AM

What boost?

slvrr May 22, 2008 04:58 AM

Which ATP kit is it?

4kinboost May 22, 2008 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec (Post 5690062)
cant see the numbers. also what boost?

ps: i made 504whp on ics dynojet with this kit and 29psi with a throttle body boost leak.

First pull was 335hp/303tq...10 pulls later 433hp/382tq. 28psi with no more than 10deg timing. (Just for reference, this car picked-up 17hp when I increased timing from 9deg to 10deg-- there's a ton left to go)

The last couple of weeks, I was lurking the boards and read every post, both positive and negative on this set-up. I've read all about your adventures at Dynoflash!

My set-up still has a long way to go. Still a few bottlenecks for me to free-up. That tubular header makes a nice difference with the 'restrictive' atp design. I'm running the megan for now.

Although I've been tuning my own cars since 1990 and dsm's since 96/97 the software interface with ecuflash took me a few weeks to get used to. All the xml and hex talk seemed like a foreign language the first couple of days that I got started, and I'm still growing with the software. This car would have hit 500 already if I was on AEM with no boost leak.

Please keep me updated when you go back to the dyno after the boost leak is corrected!!

4kinboost May 22, 2008 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by slvrr (Post 5690077)
Which ATP kit is it?

Gt3076r with s-cover and .82a/r.

deadbeatrec May 22, 2008 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by 4kinboost (Post 5690082)
First pull was 335hp/303tq...10 pulls later 433hp/382tq. 28psi with no more than 10deg timing. (Just for reference, this car picked-up 17hp when I increased timing from 9deg to 10deg-- there's a ton left to go)

The last couple of weeks, I was lurking the boards and read every post, both positive and negative on this set-up. I've read all about your adventures at Dynoflash!

My set-up still has a long way to go. Still a few bottlenecks for me to free-up. That tubular header makes a nice difference with the 'restrictive' atp design. I'm running the megan for now.

Although I've been tuning my own cars since 1990 and dsm's since 96/97 the software interface with ecuflash took me a few weeks to get used to. All the xml and hex talk seemed like a foreign language the first couple of days that I got started, and I'm still growing with the software. This car would have hit 500 already if I was on AEM with no boost leak.

Please keep me updated when you go back to the dyno after the boost leak is corrected!!

the leak is fixed. it was throttle body shaft seals. now there is a slight fuel trim issue that needs to be adressed.

4kinboost May 22, 2008 05:10 AM

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93...st/dyno433.jpg

tkklemann May 22, 2008 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon (Post 5689805)
We'll see.

Keep in mind, it would be a good thing if he proved you wrong..

OTOH, if it didn't/doesn't, it's more knowledge gained..

It would be nice to see the possibility of it working, as it conceptually is a good idea.

4kinboost May 22, 2008 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec (Post 5690088)
the leak is fixed. it was throttle body shaft seals. now there is a slight fuel trim issue that needs to be adressed.

I guess since the vac/boost leak is resolved your car should be running a little lean right?

Where are your stft's at idle? What does your o2 feedback say?

deadbeatrec May 22, 2008 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by 4kinboost (Post 5690163)
I guess since the vac/boost leak is resolved your car should be running a little lean right?

Where are your stft's at idle? What does your o2 feedback say?

i know none of this because i do not have a tactrix cable.