EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Dual Fuel Pump Setups!? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/486539-dual-fuel-pump-setups.html)

whitepwr Apr 15, 2010 12:28 AM

Dual Fuel Pump Setups!?

I know all about the Buschur Double Pumper and the Full Blown dual pump setups but the fact is that I just can't afford a $400+ setup right now, nor do I want to.. I have one 255 Walbro in tank already. One of my buddies that upgraded his Supra's fuel pumps gave me one of his Supra Fuel Pumps, which are a 290lph.. I'm trying to find a way to just run both of these pumps in-tank instead of having to purchase some pricey dual pumper hangar setup or selling my pump for an inline pump, which at this point is the most attractive option if I can't find anyone that can help me..

Basically all I'm asking for is help on what I need to do in order to modify my stock hangar to fit two walbro pumps.. pics and details would be very appreciated. You can PM me if you'd like.

Thanks in advance!
- Tyler G.

norcalSRTrida Apr 15, 2010 01:01 AM

i made my own twin pump kit.

run 1pump in tank.
run 1pump outside, PARALLEL (not in series), and run a pick up at the bottom lowest point of the tank.
run a Y block tying the 2 pumps together. run -8 or so up to your regulator/rail.

just a lil big of imagination and ingenuity is all it is. cost me like $150 in line and fittings (excluding the pumps) and runs great. cant let it go below 1/16 of a tank driving, and i dont go under 1/8 tank to go WOT, but you shouldnt regardless.

mr.alex Apr 15, 2010 01:07 AM

I guess you already upgraded you fuel lines and rail?

whitepwr Apr 15, 2010 02:39 PM

No I'm on stock fuel lines and FPR. My question really, was just if anyone had put two pumps INTANK without using a buschur double pumper or a Full Blown Dual kit.. I have found an inline pump though that I'm going to buy. I just don't feel like messing with the intank stuff..

3gEclipseTurbo Apr 15, 2010 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by whitepwr (Post 8204997)
No I'm on stock fuel lines and FPR. My question really, was just if anyone had put two pumps INTANK without using a buschur double pumper or a Full Blown Dual kit.. I have found an inline pump though that I'm going to buy. I just don't feel like messing with the intank stuff..

That makes no sense, you contridict what you say in the second sentence with what you say in you last sentence.

PATRICK B. Apr 15, 2010 03:40 PM

There is a local guy here in the SF bay area that sells products under the Blaqops name i believe and i'm pretty sure they have a double pump set-up.

I run a Bushcur DP'er

kreionic Apr 15, 2010 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by norcalSRTrida (Post 8202914)
i made my own twin pump kit.

run 1pump in tank.
run 1pump outside, PARALLEL (not in series), and run a pick up at the bottom lowest point of the tank.
run a Y block tying the 2 pumps together. run -8 or so up to your regulator/rail.

just a lil big of imagination and ingenuity is all it is. cost me like $150 in line and fittings (excluding the pumps) and runs great. cant let it go below 1/16 of a tank driving, and i dont go under 1/8 tank to go WOT, but you shouldnt regardless.

Yep i did the same thing with my set up. One internal one external running parallel aswell. I thought i was the only one that cant go under a 1/8th of a tank:lol:

evodood Apr 15, 2010 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by PATRICK B. (Post 8205173)
There is a local guy here in the SF bay area that sells products under the Blaqops name i believe and i'm pretty sure they have a double pump set-up.

I run a Bushcur DP'er

Indeed. http://www.blaqops.com/products/evoix.html

3gEclipseTurbo Apr 15, 2010 04:30 PM

Im gonna make my own when it comes time. Its common sense really, then just the tools/skill/parts to do it right.

oofastlineoo69 Apr 15, 2010 05:06 PM

The buschur double pumper is better then the fullblon because it ys to the feed line, and the fullblown t's to the feed....

[I.R.A.]_FBi Apr 15, 2010 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by oofastlineoo69 (Post 8205441)
The buschur double pumper is better then the fullblon because it ys to the feed line, and the fullblown t's to the feed....

Ive been that bewilder "pro tuners" here for days

03evo8gsr Apr 15, 2010 08:59 PM

+ 1 on the blaqops, great product and good on price.

icantdrive75 Apr 16, 2010 10:41 PM

It could be argued the blaqops is a better kit than the buschur thanks to the progressive control of the second fuel pump opposed to the instant on hobbes switch.

norcalSRTrida Apr 16, 2010 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by oofastlineoo69 (Post 8205441)

that's a simple 10-15$ fitting to swap out..

DDATuned Apr 17, 2010 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by 03evo8gsr (Post 8206144)
+ 1 on the blaqops, great product and good on price.

+2