EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   direction of rotation (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/497182-direction-rotation.html)

maxims4g63 Jun 9, 2010 10:12 AM

direction of rotation

can anyone tell me which way the 4g63 spins when looking from the timing side, (or flywheel side) ive read lots of threads that talk about the direction, but list no reference as to where they are viewing it from. thanks

lghtngyello03 Jun 9, 2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by maxims4g63 (Post 8387537)
can anyone tell me which way the 4g63 spins when looking from the timing side, (or flywheel side) ive read lots of threads that talk about the direction, but list no reference as to where they are viewing it from. thanks

Clockwise

jessmanEVO Jun 9, 2010 11:06 AM

I'm pretty sure that when looking from the passenger side (timing belt side), it will rotate clockwise. Seeing that the intake will come before the exhaust.

-Jesse

wreckless969 Jun 9, 2010 11:07 AM

I to want to say clockwise but I cant really remember....Im pretty sure I remember the cam gears spinning clockwise.

tscompusa2 Jun 9, 2010 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by maxims4g63 (Post 8387537)

timing belt side (PASSENGER SIDE) clockwise - flywheel side (DRIVER SIDE) counter clockwise.

opposite for a DSM/eclipse/talon/laser 6/7 bolt 4g63.

maxims4g63 Jun 14, 2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 8387761)
timing belt side (PASSENGER SIDE) clockwise - flywheel side (DRIVER SIDE) counter clockwise.

opposite for a DSM/eclipse/talon/laser 6/7 bolt 4g63.

good looks, i thought i remembered the cam gears spinning clockwise, but im installing my pistons now and needed to be 110% sure. lol.

could you give me some info on your e85 setup? im thinking about going that route and some good info on a solid setup would really help me make my decision

EvoLutionized8 Jun 14, 2010 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by maxims4g63 (Post 8401777)
good looks, i thought i remembered the cam gears spinning clockwise, but im installing my pistons now and needed to be 110% sure. lol.

could you give me some info on your e85 setup? im thinking about going that route and some good info on a solid setup would really help me make my decision

:confused::crap: now Im scared for you, lol, and you're doing pistons too. Drop-ins Im assuming.. Good luck bro.. and clockwise ftw, while looking at timing belt side..

tscompusa2 Jun 14, 2010 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by maxims4g63 (Post 8401777)

sure no problem. make sure cylinder #1 and #4 are up and #2 and #3 are down. this is TDC on 4g63.

I use

Buschur double pumper (2 walbro 255lph)
FIC bluemax 2150cc injectors (High impedence - you must remove the injector voltage box)
Stock fuel pressure regulator
Stock lines

The Buschur double pump is controlled by a inline hobb switch that activates the 2nd fuel pump at approximatively 5-7psi.

EvoLutionized8 Jun 14, 2010 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 8401805)
sure no problem. make sure cylinder #1 and #4 are up and #2 and #3 are down. this is TDC on 4g63.

I use

Buschur double pumper (2 walbro 255lph)
FIC bluemax 2150cc injectors (High impedence - you must remove the injector voltage box)
Stock fuel pressure regulator
Stock lines

The Buschur double pump is controlled by a inline hobb switch that activates the 2nd fuel pump at approximatively 5-7psi.

you telling him that makes me scared for him.. Always like to see the willing going for it, but hate it for them when they muck it... good luck though, honestly..

tscompusa2 Jun 14, 2010 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8 (Post 8401820)
you telling him that makes me scared for him.. Always like to see the willing going for it, but hate it for them when they muck it... good luck though, honestly..

hes a brave soul. I never did drop in pistons and will never try :lol: ------- Make sure you set tensioner PERFECT or it will give you problems with timing belt. Do you have the mitsubishi service manual?

mikevoviii Jun 14, 2010 07:00 AM

clockwise.

EVO8emUp Jun 14, 2010 07:02 AM

For reference, all 4G63s spin the same direction, regardless what what they're installed in and should always be viewed from the timing side as this is cyl no 1.

mikevoviii Jun 14, 2010 07:03 AM

^^ +1 on that.

tscompusa2 Jun 14, 2010 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by EVO8emUp (Post 8401850)
For reference, all 4G63s spin the same direction, regardless what what they're installed in and should always be viewed from the timing side as this is cyl no 1.

yes and on a dsm the timing belts on the driver side. so what i said is accurate. on a dsm it would rotate clockwise on driver side and and not clockwise on passenger side.. "opposite of a evo".......

maxims4g63 Jun 22, 2010 07:52 PM

thanks for the info, ive got my double pumper and 2 walbro 255s as well. was also looking at the 2150cc Fic bluemax injectors, didnt know you needed to get rid of the "voltage box", what is that just some sort of (voltage) regulator?

and for the record, the pistons were 86mm so i had to have my machine show my block some love