EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   GSC vs. Supertech (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/517467-gsc-vs-supertech.html)

four-loco Oct 2, 2010 01:55 PM

GSC vs. Supertech

so ive been doing some research lately and i keep seeing mixed reviews on a bunch of old threads. i have a brand new set of bc 280's and am getting ready to have the head PnP. my question is, do i go with the GSC single beehive springs with ti retainers and chro-molly seats or do i go with the Supertech Dual Valve spring kit. i would like to go with something that isnt going to give me a hassle down the road.

*the head is for evo ix

TiA-Chris

xRoguex Oct 2, 2010 02:00 PM

Either is fine. And do your self a favor and throw those BC cams as far away from your car as possible. Look in to GSC's, or cosworth's cams. Or dare i suggest it.. kelford over bc..

four-loco Oct 2, 2010 02:08 PM

lol no one is running bc's?

evolution2186 Oct 2, 2010 02:08 PM

More information is needed before making a decision.

*What rev are you planning to reach?

CammedEvo Oct 2, 2010 02:11 PM

personally i bought singles because they were fine on s3's to 11k and i didn't want to have to deal with break in on the outer springs then do a spring job again to install the inners.

four-loco Oct 2, 2010 02:12 PM

planning to rev somewhere between 8500 and 9k

four-loco Oct 2, 2010 04:58 PM

anyone else got any input? looking for someone with BC's (280's preferred) to chime in!

chris

CammedEvo Oct 2, 2010 05:33 PM

yea man don't get the BC's dude..

they are known for being way off time. GSC S2's for sure.

prchico19 Oct 7, 2010 11:51 PM

Never heard anything bad about either set of springs. I have heard people say they have found the SuperTech Dual valve springs to be some of the most stable springs available though when used in their high rpm drag set ups. I'm not sure if GSC's were ever used in that equation though.

critic4du3ce Oct 11, 2010 06:04 PM

BC's arent what you need

evoballer Jan 26, 2011 08:37 PM

OK so im running Cosworth M3 Cams and BC Springs and retainers. im going to be upgrading to some GSC beehive VS and Retainers with the Chro-molly Spring seats and titanium springs and retainers these are rated to 11,000RPMWhat I <3.
or i want to do the Supertech Dual spring kit that is $380.
Of the two kits what one would you recommend. I will be doing a Pt6262 and reving to 9000RPM also.BTW my engine is fully built. thanks for the help

Scott

achilles3000 Jan 26, 2011 11:04 PM

I got supertechs but if I had to do it over I would get the kiggly kit the best around!

evo8john Jan 27, 2011 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by evodude18 (Post 8718452)
so ive been doing some research lately and i keep seeing mixed reviews on a bunch of old threads. i have a brand new set of bc 280's and am getting ready to have the head PnP. my question is, do i go with the GSC single beehive springs with ti retainers and chro-molly seats or do i go with the Supertech Dual Valve spring kit. i would like to go with something that isnt going to give me a hassle down the road.

*the head is for evo ix

TiA-Chris

The BC 280's are not "bad" cams per say... There are just a lot of better options out there, like, everything else :crap:... If you absolutely dont want to get rid of them then they still make more power than the stock cams so go for it. Just make sure they are degreed in properly before you run the car. Hope this helps. Also try looking at the AMS cam test thread they did a year or so back. It has a TON of great info!

nollij Jan 27, 2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by CammedEvo (Post 8718484)
personally i bought singles because they were fine on s3's to 11k and i didn't want to have to deal with break in on the outer springs then do a spring job again to install the inners.

I was not aware that you had to break in the outer sprigns before installing the inner springs. Is there more information on this somewhere?

gkania Jan 27, 2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by evodude18 (Post 8718452)

*the head is for evo ix

TiA-Chris

+1 on javelin throwing those BC cams away. There is a reason they cost $250.

Supertech has 2 x beehives kits for Evo 8-9 available with different pressures. Buy the Supertech units as they are reknowned for making great and reliable products that work.